Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
I was terribly disappointed by the fact that DreamWeaver CC prompts me to install Java upon launch. Nowhere during the installation (as far as I could tell) did it mention needing Java in order to run.

Is there any fix/hack available to launch DreamWeaver (with perhaps limited functionality) without installing Java?

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2011
I bit the bullet and installed Java but despite that it still won't launch.
I tried running the executable in Terminal and it gives the following error message.
So now I'm even more desperate for a no Java solution.

260barq.jpg

SrWebDeveloper

macrumors 68000
Dec 7, 2007
Alexandria, VA, USA
Login/out or restart your Mac to ensure the version gets picked up. Otherwise...

Based on the requirements for Mac on their website DW CC requires JRE 1.6 - which means the "run time environment" of Java. Although that's a rather old distribution, go here for help on installing that specific version of the JRE:

http://www.piranhamethod.com/develo...1-6-on-your-mac-os-x-leopard-10-5-8-or-later/

The version you downloaded is the complete Java with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE). The JRE consists of the Java Virtual Machine (JVM), Java platform core classes, and supporting Java platform libraries. The JRE is the runtime portion of Java software, which is all you need to run it in your Web browser. I am not a fan of Dreamweaver for other reasons, but add this to my list. Version 7 should have installed the JRE and DW should have picked up on it. Since not, try the link above noting it's an old version and results are unpredictable. So use at your own risk if you insist on using DW.

If this doesn't help and nobody else here has a solution, it might be time to drop DW and switch over to Rapidweaver. But that's plan B, for sure.

mamute2007

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2014
Fix - Worked for me

This was easier than any other suggestion I found online.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1572

On a side note - Oddly enough the link didn't work in safari. I had to open it in Firefox. I had already updated the normal Java inside my mac's settings. After that I followed the above link. Simply installed the file and everything is working well again.

Hope this helps.

JoelTheSuperior

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2014
At the risk of sounding facetious, the best solution is to use any editor other than Dreamweaver.
To be honest I'd agree with this. Maybe there's something that's missing but lately I'm failing to see what Dreamweaver offers that other editors can't do better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.