Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheekypaul

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2005
alternatively

Hi, new to this forum, so hi everyone.
Back when we were all running Panther and then Tiger, I bought an application called Volume Logic (no longer available from the publisher) that processes music in iTunes real-time. There was a hack using a component of iWow to get the app working under Leopard, and that worked fine, but the introduction of Snow Leopard zapped that. I am not a professional musician nor do I work in a music studio and I have a limited budget for speakers, etc. So I found Volume Logic great in combination with my low-cost sub-woofer and satellite speakers. Is there a comparative Snow Leopard compatible software available?
Or a workaround to get olume Logic working under SL?
:apple::cool::apple:

you can also use something like audiohijack and monitor the sound through any number of volume logic type plug ins, like multiband compression. or go crazy with reverb and flange!
but the replies above me are also great solutions.

fabricepsb

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
My pleasure...

I have attached the iTea file from the very latest version of SRS iWow. All you need to do is replace the iTea file within the VolumeLogic.plugin with this newer version and then set iTunes to open in 32-bit mode.

To find your existing iTea file, do the following...

Go to MacintoshHD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL. Your VolumeLogic.plugin file should be there. Right-click on it and select 'Show Package Contents'. Go to Contents/MacOS and you should see the iTea file.

Drag the attached iTea into the MacOS folder and authenticate to replace the existing one.

Let me know if this makes your day ;-)

PS. iTunes crashes if you try to run it in 32-bit mode with the old iTea file in place. Once the new iTea file is in place, iTunes will crash if you try to run it in 64-bit mode!!! However, VolumeLogic works... so who gives a damn??
GREAT :):):)
Thank you fixmymac : I used VL with iTunes 11 (32 bits) and Volume Logic with Snow Leopard. Yesterday i decided to install Mac OS Lion and of course VL couldn't work until your very precious help.
Sorry for my bad english and thank you again : Last night fixmymac saved my music :D:D:D

I have a question : when i buy a new mac, will it go on working in Mountain Lion ?
Can iTunes 11 work on a 32 bits mode ?

Lovely T

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2013
Re-install VL

Hello there

I've tried to re-install VL but I've got the message "This installer requires admin privileges to run" but I'm the admin on my computer. (OS 10.8)

Anybody can help me please ?

I really miss VL

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

fixmymac

macrumors regular
Hello there

I've tried to re-install VL but I've got the message "This installer requires admin privileges to run" but I'm the admin on my computer. (OS 10.8)

Anybody can help me please ?

I really miss VL

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Try right-clicking on the installer package and selecting 'Show Package Contents'. Somewhere within the folder structure you will find the 'VolumeLogic.plugin' file. Move this file to Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>HAL.

Set iTunes to open in 32-bit mode and then launch it.

You may hit problems with activation.

----------

GREAT :):):)
Thank you fixmymac : I used VL with iTunes 11 (32 bits) and Volume Logic with Snow Leopard. Yesterday i decided to install Mac OS Lion and of course VL couldn't work until your very precious help.
Sorry for my bad english and thank you again : Last night fixmymac saved my music :D:D:D

I have a question : when i buy a new mac, will it go on working in Mountain Lion ?
Can iTunes 11 work on a 32 bits mode ?

Hi,

iTunes 11 can still be run in 32-bit mode in Mountain Lion and VL works fine if you follow my guide.

fabricepsb

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
Hi,

Try right-clicking on the installer package and selecting 'Show Package Contents'. Somewhere within the folder structure you will find the 'VolumeLogic.plugin' file. Move this file to Macintosh HD>Library>Audio>Plug-Ins>HAL.

Set iTunes to open in 32-bit mode and then launch it.

You may hit problems with activation.

----------

Hi,

iTunes 11 can still be run in 32-bit mode in Mountain Lion and VL works fine if you follow my guide.

Thank you fixmymac, i am happy that VL still works in ML for my next purchase of a new iMac

fixmymac

macrumors regular
The end of VL?

Hi,

The latest 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview included the iTunes update that has been released today. 32-bit mode is no longer possible, despite being there in the Get Info window. iTunes insists on 64-bit mode to launch.

VL no longer works :-(

angelsevov

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2006
i just saw it. ******* it says To run iTunes in 64-bit mode, select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and uncheck the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

no more Volume Logic :( i need a replacment for this plug in :(

ConstantineV

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
Volume Logic solution for Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

i just saw it. ******* it says To run iTunes in 64-bit mode, select the iTunes application in the Finder, choose the “Get Info” command in the File menu, and uncheck the “Open in 32-bit mode” checkbox in the iTunes Info window.

no more Volume Logic :( i need a replacment for this plug in :(

Hi to all Volume Logic connoisseurs out there,

If you, like me, have been using Volume Logic to compress iTunes audio for years and cannot do without it, here is a good solution to get it back and running in 64-bit iTunes on Mavericks 10.9:

1) Run Audio Hijack Pro and select iTunes as the source input application in the left-hand side of the main window.
2) In the AHP pull-down menu, select About Plugins
3) In the window that pops-up, select Load and navigate to where the VolumeLogic plugin resides, that would be HD>Library>Audio>Plugins>HAL>VolumeLogic. Do not worry about loading the iTea resource file manually, it will load up automatically, you do not have to do Show Package Contents to resolve this. Just select VL from where it lives in the plugins folder and move on to the next step.
4) Go back to AHP and in the main window select an empty effects slot, in the pull-down sub-menu that appears simply select iTea effect>Volume Logic.
5) Hit hijack in AHP and enjoy Volume Logic again, in Mavericks.

Hope this helps, I cannot live without Volume Logic in iTunes, simply the best audio plugin ever developed for iTunes.

cheers,

Constantine

fabricepsb

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
hi to all volume logic connoisseurs out there,

if you, like me, have been using volume logic to compress itunes audio for years and cannot do without it, here is a good solution to get it back and running in 64-bit itunes on mavericks 10.9:

1) run audio hijack pro and select itunes as the source input application in the left-hand side of the main window.
2) in the ahp pull-down menu, select about plugins
3) in the window that pops-up, select load and navigate to where the volumelogic plugin resides, that would be hd>library>audio>plugins>hal>volumelogic. Do not worry about loading the itea resource file manually, it will load up automatically, you do not have to do show package contents to resolve this. Just select vl from where it lives in the plugins folder and move on to the next step.
4) go back to ahp and in the main window select an empty effects slot, in the pull-down sub-menu that appears simply select itea effect>volume logic.
5) hit hijack in ahp and enjoy volume logic again, in mavericks.

Hope this helps, i cannot live without volume logic in itunes, simply the best audio plugin ever developed for itunes.

Cheers,

constantine

thank you constantine, it works :):):)

Last edited:

angelsevov

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2006
Hi to all Volume Logic connoisseurs out there,

If you, like me, have been using Volume Logic to compress iTunes audio for years and cannot do without it, here is a good solution to get it back and running in 64-bit iTunes on Mavericks 10.9:

1) Run Audio Hijack Pro and select iTunes as the source input application in the left-hand side of the main window.
3) In the window that pops-up, select Load and navigate to where the VolumeLogic plugin resides, that would be HD>Library>Audio>Plugins>HAL>VolumeLogic. Do not worry about loading the iTea resource file manually, it will load up automatically, you do not have to do Show Package Contents to resolve this. Just select VL from where it lives in the plugins folder and move on to the next step.
4) Go back to AHP and in the main window select an empty effects slot, in the pull-down sub-menu that appears simply select iTea effect>Volume Logic.

Hope this helps, I cannot live without Volume Logic in iTunes, simply the best audio plugin ever developed for iTunes.

cheers,

Constantine

THANK U :) u are great

godzfire

macrumors regular
May 20, 2013
I also came here just to say 'THANK YOU' for discovering this method. Ironically enough, I use Audio Hijack Pro anyway to record a radio show I listen to. One less obstacle before updating 10.9.

By the way, the original creator of Volume Logic, Claesson Edwards, created essentially a sequel/successor plugin to it called BreakAway Audio (http://www.claessonedwards.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=135). Unfortunately, it's Windows only, despite many people's requests to see it ported. :-(

DracoDWS

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2013
Still available?

I just came across this page after looking in my Serial Numbers folder at all my old stuff. I found my Volume Logic serial and it looks like people have been getting it to work in 10.9 Maverics and iTunes 11?

Does anyone have a link to the last available version of the plugin?

fabricepsb

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2013
I just came across this page after looking in my Serial Numbers folder at all my old stuff. I found my Volume Logic serial and it looks like people have been getting it to work in 10.9 Maverics and iTunes 11?

Does anyone have a link to the last available version of the plugin?

this is the last version i Use in 10.9.3 Maverics and iTunes 11.2.1 and it works perfectly.
I recommend you to use Audio highjack Pro 2.10.10 (the all new last version),

And don't forget to apply Constantine's help :

f you, like me, have been using Volume Logic to compress iTunes audio for years and cannot do without it, here is a good solution to get it back and running in 64-bit iTunes on Mavericks 10.9:

Attachments

• VL.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 315

pedro1970

macrumors newbie
Feb 18, 2015
this is the last version i Use in 10.9.3 Maverics and iTunes 11.2.1 and it works perfectly.
I recommend you to use Audio highjack Pro 2.10.10 (the all new last version),

And don't forget to apply Constantine's help :

f you, like me, have been using Volume Logic to compress iTunes audio for years and cannot do without it, here is a good solution to get it back and running in 64-bit iTunes on Mavericks 10.9:

Hey, i just registered here to say THANK YOU for this great tipp!
When i updated to Mavericks, i couldn't believe that iTunes was not 32-Bit anymore and so i sadly buried VL... I then figured out how to use Soundflower and AU Lab with a PlugIn called LoudMax as a replacement. But the sound quality didn't come close to VL.
Today i read this tipp (accidentally) and VL came back to life! I can’t say how much i appreciate this.
:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.