Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The best app for note taking in iPad is:

• Notebooks for iPad

Votes: 17 4.6%
  • UPAD

Votes: 28 7.5%
  • neu.Notes

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Penultimate

Votes: 65 17.5%
  • FastFinga

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Noterize

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Noteshelf

Votes: 49 13.2%
  • Note Taker HD

Votes: 43 11.6%
  • CourseNotes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PhatPad

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Notebooks for iPad

Votes: 8 2.2%
  • WritePad for iPad

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Other (Please mention)

Votes: 147 39.5%

• Total voters

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Does anyone knows of any apps that has a extremely large canvas?

Something that can be used to draw mindmaps or flow charts in.

I'm not sure if this is considered a sketching or note taking app.

Zoom notes has an unlimited canvas. It's a lot like Prezi, if you're at all familiar with that.

----------

The inking effect in the pen style (ON by default) may take a bit off the responsiveness, but it makes the writing look so much more natural, organic and dynamic. IMHO this is a feature quite unique to Notes Plus. Check my attachment in reply 354 above, hope it helps.
Best of luck, and let us know your findings.

It does look beautiful. Not sure if the money is worth sacrificing any responsiveness. I think I'll stick with Notability and Zoom Notes.

resting

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2011
There are apps specifically for mind mapping or flow charts. For a technical app that does flow charts look up Touchdraw. For basic mind mapping look up Idea Sketch. Both have an unlimited canvas.

Zoom notes has an unlimited canvas. It's a lot like Prezi, if you're at all familiar with that.

thanks. zoomnotes is great for some rough notes taking. best part is its free.

i'm looking at omnigraffle as well for more professional charts but think i'm more likely to rough things on the tablet and do more pro stuffs on a mac itself.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Just searched for noteshelf on itunes store. theres one that's 8.99 and theres one thats free. both made by ramki....which is which lol?

The free (and limited) version is new...as of yesterday, it appears.

The $8.99 version was on sale ~a month ago for $0.99. It's obviously no longer on sale.

bigpizza

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2012
Sweden
Replacing a numeracy booklet

Hello everyone.

So in school we do math problems and assignments. I'd love to replace my physical booklet where I write my calculations with an iPad app.

Much of my time is wasted on writing numbers in my booklet. By writing everything in an iPad app using the keyboard, I could greatly speed up my pace.

The most important requirement is that I can write letters and numbers on a checkered background, using the keyboard. Also secondly it would be amazing to have some kind of mathematic keyboard as well.

I've been using Notes Plus for my regular note requirements. The app does feature a selection of different backgrounds, one of them being checkered. But unfortunately the letters and numbers overlap the boxes, which makes it look silly.

So basically I need an app which can keep numbers and letters inside checkered boxes. A huge bonus would be a dedicated mathematics keyboard. I would be surprised if no one has developed this already.

susa

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2009
Canada
other?

When looking at the Poll Results, “Other (Please mention)" is by far the highest. How do we see what those Others are? There may be a lot for one app in particular.

allistera

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
When looking at the Poll Results, “Other (Please mention)" is by far the highest. How do we see what those Others are? There may be a lot for one app in particular.

Notability has my vote, such a powerful app.

Davidb67

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2008
UK
"Beesy" by BeesApps.
Bit of a learning-curve, but VERY powerful, and it starts to become pretty intuitive.
Tried about a dozen apps, I sit through 3-4 meetings a day, generate lots of actions for myself and colleagues/suppliers, needed something that doesn't take over my focus during meetings.

Pity most apps dont have a try before you buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.