Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
There are some apps that right now are not being done for android/windows.
And some of us would not use android/windows even if they were.
Hence why I'm on macrumors and not windows rumors.

You are actually in a thread entitled "Microsoft Announces Surface 2 and Surface Pro 2". I wasn't sure if you realized that. Doh?

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
I feel bad for Microsoft. I don't know how they get things back on track. I think there is going to be more decline before recovery, but I do think there will be a recovery. I don't think the new Surface tablets will sell well even if the Pro is a decent replacement for a Windows 8 Ultrabook. Until Microsoft fully embraces touch interface on tablets and optimizes all their apps, they are going to struggle.

Always fun to see old myopic posts like this Microsoft is doomed obviously

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Always fun to see old myopic posts like this Microsoft is doomed obviously

I remember in the 'old days', when IBM came out with a personal computer, many businesses just reflexively bought them. Those lucky (unlucky?) enough to have IBM boat anchors in their buildings got some free, and even got huge percentages off of them. Many students also reflexively bought their PC's too because that is what they used in school.

And there are still people that will ALWAYS buy a 'pc'. They will always use Windows. And they will usually, always hate Apple and the Macs.

Microsoft will likely always be around. They might shift to a Linux core, but they will likely always be around because there are people that will always buy their stuff, and love it. Just because that's what they have always done.

I think just as many people have been prophesying the end of Apple as have been prophesying the end of Microsoft.

Reactions: Ghost31

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
I remember in the 'old days', when IBM came out with a personal computer, many businesses just reflexively bought them. Those lucky (unlucky?) enough to have IBM boat anchors in their buildings got some free, and even got huge percentages off of them. Many students also reflexively bought their PC's too because that is what they used in school.

And there are still people that will ALWAYS buy a 'pc'. They will always use Windows. And they will usually, always hate Apple and the Macs.

Microsoft will likely always be around. They might shift to a Linux core, but they will likely always be around because there are people that will always buy their stuff, and love it. Just because that's what they have always done.

I think just as many people have been prophesying the end of Apple as have been prophesying the end of Microsoft.
Heh, there was an in between for a while..the Amiga :)

Reactions: Renzatic

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Heh, there was an in between for a while..the Amiga :)

True, true. So many 'other runs' influenced the 'big guys'...

Heck, look at the effect of Xerox PARC! How much of what we have now is because of PARC! How much we would all owe PARC, if they had capitalized on their ideas. They could have owned the world...

I wished I could have bought an Amiga. At the time, I couldn't even afford a C-64. But all of the good stuff that came out in the 'old days'. When memory was scarce...

fourthtunz

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2002
Maine
True, true. So many 'other runs' influenced the 'big guys'...

Heck, look at the effect of Xerox PARC! How much of what we have now is because of PARC! How much we would all owe PARC, if they had capitalized on their ideas. They could have owned the world...

I wished I could have bought an Amiga. At the time, I couldn't even afford a C-64. But all of the good stuff that came out in the 'old days'. When memory was scarce...
I had an Amiga 4000 and the video toaster for a while but wanted one computer to rule them all and was doing more audio then video so I bounced to a Mac and protools..Was a good move for me!
That amiga and the toaster..very cool at the time!

Renzatic

Suspended

We would've had something like a '99-'00 era computer back in 85, but it would've cost us a kidney, half a liver, and a leg to buy.

This was probably PARCs biggest problem. They invented the future, but never downscaled for the present.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.