Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
I was confused too then realised I didn't have the APPLE STORE app - either I deleted it or it doesn't come pre-installed on iPhones.

Off to the APP STORE to download the APPLE STORE, opened that, got the featured item, which sent me back to the APP STORE, which hung for a few seconds then gave me the free Temple Run code.

Probably spent more time figuring that out than playing the game ...

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
This game is clearly pay to win. You get more coins but items in the shop cost a lot more too. But the big plus with this game apart from the nice visuals, is the responsiveness. The game's controls actually work well. 1 and 2 have controls that care not so good, they misinterpret swipes often. Brave is a lot better in this respect. And OZ is a little better again.

As much as I don't like cheap disney tie in rip off games, I think the Brave and OZ games are the best of the 4. Less items in the store and less characters to play as but overall better visuals and the games recognise the swipes much better.

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
Link to apple store app

Apple Store by Apple
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apple-store/id375380948?mt=8

elemenoP

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
Well that was lame. I downloaded, installed, launched the Apple Store App. I clicked on the link within the Apple Store to get Temple Run Oz for free. The link launched the iTunes Store and not the App Store! And when I open the App Store myself, I can't get it for free. What can I do about this or who can I complain to?

EDIT: I tried it again, and the second time it worked. It still opened the iTunes store, but this time apps showed up in there (the first time they did not). Strange experience. I think Apple is causing a lot of confusion with Apple Store/App Store/iTunes Store.

giantfan1224

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
My issue is that it's a known title and a year old. How about giving something folks don't likely already have. Same with the freebies in the store app

There's always that one guy that has to complain about getting something for free...

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
There's always that one guy that has to complain about getting something for free...

It's less about it being free and more about them turning to titles that are well known and old and don't need a market push rather than something lesser known. There are tons of great apps out there that could use a little push.

Or at least if they are going to go with something known make it something of utility that folks might not get because of the price. Like 1Password. I bet their own staff would love to not have to deal with folks that can't remember their password for this or that and expect Apple to fix it because 'it's on my iPhone'

Reason077

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2007
Is it just me, or is anything to do with Temple Run intensely boring? Does anyone actually care about this game?

Sure, it was an "ok" game back in the day, but was never really all that fun or addictive to play. It's definitely no Angry Birds, Plants vs Zombies, or Candy Crush. Not a lot of replay-ability or long-term franchising potential here. I honestly thing this was a pretty average game on the app store that happened to get lucky.

I won't bother downloading this, not even for free. It's time to move on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.