Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesgunaca

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
When I try to make an edit to a photo in the Photos.app (either a screenshot, or a photo taken with Camera.app) it appears to make the edit but when I click "save" it reverts to the original. It does this if I crop, auto-enhance or do red-eye removal. For some reason, it will sometimes save a Rotation but not 100% of the time. I can't figure out how to fix this.

iPhone 5 - iOS 6.1.2 - evasi0n jailbreak

*note: I've used semi-restore recently to transfer this phone to my girlfriend, I then used iFunBox to copy her photo library to the phone*

Here is what I've tried:
-Rebooting (of course)

-Rebuilding photo library using the method outlined here (deleting three files in /var/mobile/Media/PhotosData):
http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/how-to...l-crash-and-photos-turned-to-other-in-itunes/

-Toggling on/off Photo Stream, Shared Photo Stream, Keep Original Photo (HDR) with reboots

-Running "chown mobile" commands for the /var/mobile/Media/PhotoData and all the /var/mobile/Media/DCIM directories using Mobile terminal as Root user followed by reboot.

Anyone's help is appreciated!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.