Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

axab2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
Activate iPhone

This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (a*****@gmail.com). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.
Activation Help

need help my friend buy this iPhone 5 and he forget to ask the costumer abut the id so need help any way

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
Activate iPhone

This iPhone is currently linked to an Apple ID (a*****@gmail.com). Sign in with the Apple ID that was used to set up this iPhone.
Activation Help

need help my friend buy this iPhone 5 and he forget to ask the costumer abut the id so need help any way

Um... maybe you or your friend can contact the original owner in costume and have him enter his credentials?

axab2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
the problem is we have shop and we buy this phone and it was working fin and we discover after update to 7.0.2 and no way to find that costumer

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
the problem is we have shop and we buy this phone and it was working fin and we discover after update to 7.0.2 and no way to find that costumer

In that case, you're out of luck - there is no way to bypass it without the credentials that it's requesting

rdy0329

macrumors 6502a
Mar 20, 2012
If you run a shop that buys phones from questionable sources, you should know better now. Goodluck with your future deals. :)

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
Since you have the apple id, you can email the person.

If I remember correctly, the phone shows the email exactly how he typed it with asterisks blocking almost all of it out. So he indeed has no way to reach the previous owner.

FSMBP

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
If I remember correctly, the phone shows the email exactly how he typed it with asterisks blocking almost all of it out. So he indeed has no way to reach the previous owner.

Regardless if it doesn't show the full Apple ID, how did "his friend" get the iPhone to begin with? Unless his friend walked up to a random stranger, selling an iPhone on the street, he would gotten a telephone number or email address.

Nothlit

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2009
Regardless if it doesn't show the full Apple ID, how did "his friend" get the iPhone to begin with? Unless his friend walked up to a random stranger, selling an iPhone on the street, he would gotten a telephone number or email address.

It sounds like this person runs a store of some kind and bought the phone from a customer. Probably a "we pay cash for old phones" kind of place. They should have gotten the customer's contact information, but it's too late for that now.

Chalk this one up to "lesson learned" and don't make this mistake again.

If the original owner does "Erase All Content and Settings" before turning it over to you, that automatically turns off Find My iPhone and Activation Lock.

MisterPunchy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
CA
If the original owner does "Erase All Content and Settings" before turning it over to you, that automatically turns off Find My iPhone and Activation Lock.

Indeed. This is how it works now. Before selling or giving any phone away, the owner MUST delete all content and settings. This not only deletes the phone's contents, but also removes the original owner's Apple ID and password from the firmware and removes the phone from their account. It prevents phones that have been stolen from being reactivated by anyone besides the original owner.

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
This is really great news. Hopefully it does the same thing to the market for hot iPads.

Thierry ba

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2012
Sarajevo, Bosnia
Activate iPhone

Activation Help

Or ask his real owner for password. Theres no way to activate it if you stole it. :p

Well done Apple.

MisterPunchy

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2013
CA
Did an iPhone thief just get OWN3D by activation lock right here on our forums?

Most likely. His posts here are the only ones he's ever made... And if he'd obtained the phone legitimately, he'd know where to go to get the info he needs. I'm betting that yahoo email address is brand new too, and set up just in hopes of finding an answer to his dilemma.

axab2002

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 8, 2013
only talk like woman

for all stopped one every day we by 10-30 used phone and we dill on the street
and bi fur 2 days i fond that costumer and i ask him abut that id and he say his cos sen do it at how m and he has Ben dead in car accident so now no way to find that id .
so if any one have a solution say or sheet up

vexorg

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2009
There were reports of wiped IOS7 phones retaining the appleid login, and the account could only be removed by iTunes.

I've done ios6 complete factory wiping, the options seem different on ios7 now.

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Find a piece of paper, put the phone down on top of it.

Without the credentials that's as useful as the phone will ever be to you.

The phone's as 'dead' as the guy you stole it from.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
for all stopped one every day we by 10-30 used phone and we dill on the street
and bi fur 2 days i fond that costumer and i ask him abut that id and he say his cos sen do it at how m and he has Ben dead in car accident so now no way to find that id .
so if any one have a solution say or sheet up

It would seem to me...if you legitimately obtained the phone, and know the owner, or relative of the owner since he appears to have died, then apple would help the owners family to reset the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.