Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ryan Burgess

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Hi, I was recently given an iPhone 5 to sell for a friend but he has AT&T and I have Verizon. My problem is, I can't get past the iOS 6 activation because I don't have an AT&T sim to put in it.

I tried my verizon sim but it doesn't work, is there any way to get around this SIM card thing? I just want to be able to go to settings and see what version of iOS it's running. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

gCloud

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
United Federation of Planets
Hi, I was recently given an iPhone 5 to sell for a friend but he has AT&T and I have Verizon. My problem is, I can't get past the iOS 6 activation because I don't have an AT&T sim to put in it.

I tried my verizon sim but it doesn't work, is there any way to get around this SIM card thing? I just want to be able to go to settings and see what version of iOS it's running. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

don't think you can activate it.
iTunes usually tells the version of iOS but it may need to be activated for that I am not sure.
borrow a sim from someone.

scotrinaf

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2013
Blountville, TN

I had a similar issue, try reloading the current software version 7.0.2 and see if that works: http://www.iphonehacks.com/2013/10/fix-activation-error-ios-7.html

It worked for me...on an iPhone 5 - AT&T

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.