Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WildCard^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
I love Apple, never had a bad experience. I have even turned down courtesy refunds or credits on two occasions. But recently I have had a case go cold - and the AHA (Senior at that) seems to have put me on the back burner. I have requested an escalation or transfer to another AHA, but she never acknowledges it. This ticket is seriously over 2 weeks old.

Is there a way to appeal to an AHA manager? Last night I finally submitted a strongly dissatisfied survey, hoping that eventually will get to someone.

Example of her odd behavior is earlier this week I emailed for a status of the ticket. She replied that she was out of office due to health issues and will revisit it on Monday the 14th. When I emailed her today saying I was going over her head, she proceeded to call and email. She didn't offer any advice other than to do a restore, which is what we did on day 1.

The issue revolves around an old used iPad1 I bought. It won't activate. It was an old ATT store demo. I was told it wasn't listed as stolen, but they are making me send them the original bill of sale before they allow it to activate. I can't get the bill of sale, but I did go to ATT with it and they said it's in good status and they are happy to activate service on it for me - if it was only able to Apple activate...

My AHA refuses to do anything other than say that she is 'awaiting the receipt'.

How do I get this case out of the tarpit?

WildCard^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
her email signature mentions: "iOS AHA-Senior Advisor". Not being used to getting disinterested Apple support, I googled what an AHA even is. She is in the Atlanta area, I believe she mentioned.

How do you reach Customer relations? As for starting a new ticket, it was a pain to get it started in the first place as it's an iPad1 out of warranty, and I didn't feel I should have to pay for a ticket because I can't activate on their server.

WildCard^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
I figured with so many AHAs here, someone would want to help and know specifically who the senior advisors report to.

is it that reason you aren't saying? Protecting your own?

please help. :confused:

Strax

macrumors member
May 4, 2013
Nobody here knows who she reports to since she could either work directly for Apple or for any of several different vendors that they contract with. And no one who currently works there is going to get involved because NDAs mean they can be fired for posting here. You'll have to contact support but if you give them the case number you won't have to start over.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
I love Apple, never had a bad experience. I have even turned down courtesy refunds or credits on two occasions. But recently I have had a case go cold - and the AHA (Senior at that) seems to have put me on the back burner. I have requested an escalation or transfer to another AHA, but she never acknowledges it. This ticket is seriously over 2 weeks old.

Is there a way to appeal to an AHA manager? Last night I finally submitted a strongly dissatisfied survey, hoping that eventually will get to someone.

Example of her odd behavior is earlier this week I emailed for a status of the ticket. She replied that she was out of office due to health issues and will revisit it on Monday the 14th. When I emailed her today saying I was going over her head, she proceeded to call and email. She didn't offer any advice other than to do a restore, which is what we did on day 1.

The issue revolves around an old used iPad1 I bought. It won't activate. It was an old ATT store demo. I was told it wasn't listed as stolen, but they are making me send them the original bill of sale before they allow it to activate. I can't get the bill of sale, but I did go to ATT with it and they said it's in good status and they are happy to activate service on it for me - if it was only able to Apple activate...

My AHA refuses to do anything other than say that she is 'awaiting the receipt'.

How do I get this case out of the tarpit?

Ex- Senior advisor here (yeah I still drop in from time to time). What kind of activation are you talking about? Are you referring to registering the iPad? In that case, the only proof of ownership you need is to have the iPad in your hand and have a serial number. If it's some type of AT&T activation or iMessage/Facetime activation, those are other issues.

I've personally never heard of AHA requiring proof of ownership from a customer as long as the serial number was available.

In any case, just call back... once a case makes it to senior level it get sent back there as long as it's the same issue.

WildCard^

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2013
Ex- Senior advisor here (yeah I still drop in from time to time). What kind of activation are you talking about? Are you referring to registering the iPad? In that case, the only proof of ownership you need is to have the iPad in your hand and have a serial number.

Thanks AG. This is the activation you get when you turn on a newly DFU'd iPad, so it's totally an Apple, not ATT thing. I have given her the S/N, IMEI, and even the ECID.

I've personally never heard of AHA requiring proof of ownership from a customer as long as the serial number was available.

In any case, just call back... once a case makes it to senior level it get sent back there as long as it's the same issue.

So I can call and talk to someone else? I didn't realize, and will try that. Thanks!

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Thanks AG. This is the activation you get when you turn on a newly DFU'd iPad, so it's totally an Apple, not ATT thing. I have given her the S/N, IMEI, and even the ECID.

So I can call and talk to someone else? I didn't realize, and will try that. Thanks!

I've never heard of that happening with an iPad... just iPhones but what will need to happen is for a Tier 2 rep to submit a form to the activation engineers and they'll need to take a look at the case. It could possibly be a serial number mismatch or an activation chain problem. When you call back, ask if the original rep submitted an RTA.

This issues cannot be fixed at a Tier 1 level.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.