Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Nice work. Really like the photo of the guy playing guitar on stage... great colors in that one.

As far as the site design, it's nice, simple, and does the job. Simple is always better. My only complaint is you need more photos on there!:D

sidefx

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2010
not really a fan of the slider to change images, seems to cut some of the photos ends off.

InTheMist

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2013
I like it. Simple and not too many images.

I think the worst problem with most portfolios is people aren't selective enough. Present only the very best, and leave people wanting more...

...at least hire you to do more, or pay you to see/own more ;)

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Confusing at the start that I couldn't scroll through the images but then I found the buttons at either side.

Seems like a nice package but I would try and get a few more blog posts in there.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
My favourite shot is probably of the girl with the mud pack on her face. I think there is a very heavy (US) sports theme which as an Englishmen I find a little off putting.

I like the simplistic design of the web though. Nice and clean looking. Keep up the good work.

imac wannabe

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2011
Appleton, WI
I checked it out on an iPad and found the slider easy to use and intuitive. Nice shots! Loved the muddy faced gal (my wife and I do Tough Mudders) as well as the baseball to the face...ouch! Nice work, sports is hard to shoot, I admire your action shots as well.#

Paul

steveash

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2008
UK
I like your work and while the website is clean and makes the work the hero it does lack a bit of personality. If you want a professional critique try Eyeist they do a great job.

Lunchb0x8

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Quirindi, NSW, AU
Nice work, the site and the images look good.

Not sure what else I can say, but keep it up, you seem to have captured some great shots, and the site allows you to lay them out really well.

fivedots

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2011
Nice images. Good work.

Also not a fan of the slider. Needs a clear way to go from full image centered to full image centered, not pixel by pixel. Even keyboard navigation slides it which was unexpected.

AirborneAngel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Takes forever to load on my iPhone. Then only covers 1/5 of the top. Have up and closed it.

Working on that bit, shouldn't take that long to load however.

----------

Nice images. Good work.

Also not a fan of the slider. Needs a clear way to go from full image centered to full image centered, not pixel by pixel. Even keyboard navigation slides it which was unexpected.

If you click the left edge of the screen/right edge of the screen arrows appear, problem solved!

----------

I like your work and while the website is clean and makes the work the hero it does lack a bit of personality. If you want a professional critique try Eyeist they do a great job.

Most of it's sports photojournalism, working on doing more personal work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.