Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Is it possible to make room (or use frames) between two pictures you set up by using ''side by side'' I've tried everything, cropping them, going full size, changing the ratio, googled but still haven't found a answer.

I'd like to set up two smaller pictures side by side with showing a black screen behind them, but seems like I cannot get this done, iMovie always fills up the entire video screen. When I try this with a small resolution photo (something like 15x15) iMovie just zooms in the picture so the movie screen is full again but showing black bars because it's not 16:9.

Anyway, is this possible? :confused: Seems like such a simple thing to do...
I remember doing this with Windows Movie Maker with ease.

Last edited:

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
This is a work around but how about adding the border to the images themselves?

Possible, but I cannot resize the photos inside the video section. They fill the entire screen due to a big resolution. So the photo is never completely visible unless I resize it to a minimum :(

Doesn't matter, I'll try editing with Adobe Premiere. First time doing editing on my Mac and while I'm a quick learner, seems like iMovie is quite limited with some functions.

Thanks for the reply.

sigamy

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2003
NJ USA
Possible, but I cannot resize the photos inside the video section. They fill the entire screen due to a big resolution. So the photo is never completely visible unless I resize it to a minimum :(

Doesn't matter, I'll try editing with Adobe Premiere. First time doing editing on my Mac and while I'm a quick learner, seems like iMovie is quite limited with some functions.

Thanks for the reply.

Hey...I meant to apply the border to the images in an image editor program and then feed those edited images to iMovie. If you have tons of photos this will be cumbersome...

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
Hey...I meant to apply the border to the images in an image editor program and then feed those edited images to iMovie. If you have tons of photos this will be cumbersome...

Yeah, I know what you meant. I wanted to combine like 25 photos with 3-4 videos in one movie. So yeah, it will be a lot work and the results still wouldn't be great because iMovie zooms into the photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.