Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WaxedJacket

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
I'll be eagerly awaiting the announcement of which CPU they'll use for the Mini 2

Edit: any play on words with the title? or is it being literal?

MacHacker98

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2013
What if Apple blew our minds and introduced a television set at the event?

…Oh, who am I kidding!

Apple does have a history of coming out with revolutionary products without any body expecting, however, this hasn't seemed to happen since Steve Jobs...

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
About bloody time, too!! Most of this stuff was announced in June. It is very disgraceful making the public wait so long... Especially for devices like the new Mac Pro. Just think of how much income Apple has lost by delaying the release of such a device like that. The same with OSX Mavericks and IOS 7.

Welcome. I'd guess things are pretty much the same, but I'll bet Arnold Schwartznegger becoming the Governator of California blows your mind!

Look, you can't expect Apple to release according to a schedule from your own alternate reality. In this universe, Apple only announced Mavericks and the new Mac Pro. Also, here, Apple clearly indicated at the time these wouldn't be available until Fall which goes into December (in this universe).

Good luck! Remember: red means stop, green mean go.

guzhogi

macrumors 68040
Aug 31, 2003
Wherever my feet take me…
If they release Haswell rMBP running Mavericks, might buy it.

Not sure if they'll release new Thunderbolt Displays. If they do, I'd say making them thinner to match the iMacs would make sense. I doubt they'd up the resolution. They just updated the iMacs w/o higher resolutions. They use similar if not the same displays, right? Why up the resolution on the TB display & not the iMac?

Curious to see what, if any, update the AppleTV gets. Would be cool to have some game support with iDevices as the controller or maybe Microsoft Kinect style. If iDevices as the controller, either download the game onto the AppleTV (streaming won't do in most places, IMO, but would require a hard drive) and then have an app for the iDevices. Or have the app go to the iDevices and have multiscreen capability. I've seen a tennis app that does that, but it's very laggy.

jkichline

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2010
You're new around here...

About bloody time, too!! Most of this stuff was announced in June. It is very disgraceful making the public wait so long... Especially for devices like the new Mac Pro. Just think of how much income Apple has lost by delaying the release of such a device like that. The same with OSX Mavericks and IOS 7.

Obviously you are new here. Apple has ALWAYS announced their new operating systems at WWDC in June so that developers have time to fully make use of the new OS. Unlike other tech companies, you'll see that developers were mostly prepare for the rollout of the new app with drivers for printers, new applications that make use of the platform and more.

Apple also told people that they were giving us (developers) a sneak peek at the MacPro and used it as a platform to build excitement. This product is for professionals which budget for these large expenses as necessary. You will also be sorely disappointed when the base mode ls $2,999 or more. I'll bring the cheese for that whine session.

As for OS X and iOS7... let's think about this Mr. Economics. How much money does Apple make on iOS7. Give it a minute, I'll wait. That's right $0. They make money on hardware and the ecosystem. It is more important to them that the operating system is polished and works flawlessly on new hardware. Rolling it out sooner does them, and the users, no good whatsoever.

A similar pattern applied to Mavericks, although they do charge for that. How much? $29. Maybe. Take into account that there are only a few million devices that can upgrade (versus iOS which is nearly a billion) and again, it's not a huge money maker. It's more important to them that they do it right and build something that professionals can use. Otherwise their current OS is 100% great. I'd rather them iron out the issues with Mavericks so I can have a smooth transition.

Welcome to Apple, the *only* tech company that releases products with great fanfare when they are ready and when they can make an impact on people's lives. Every other tech company just doesn't *get* that because they, like you, are chasing the money right out the door.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
It's a very colourful poster at the Apple Campus. My guess.... the the new Mac Pro will come in various colors including Nicky Minaj Pink, Green Day With Envy, Mellow Yellow, and 50th Shade of Grey.

----------

well the tagline was "We still have a lot to cover"

The cryptic word "cover" refers to the enclosures of upcoming products coming in various colors. iPad Mini (retina) in many colors.

rcp27

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
What I think we will see is a new iPad, an updated iPad mini (though I'm not convinced about retina yet), and a new iPod touch. The last is because the touch has always matched the iPhone in internal specs, so it is due an update to the 5S standard.

What i think we will not see is any new iMac or portable hardware. The rMBP is still quite new as a concept, and it will (along with the air, MBP and Mac Mini) get a silent update in the same way the iMacs just have. I expect we will have more on the Mac Pro, and it may be of the "on sale now" variety. Likewise, I think we will get a "Maverics available today" announcement, with a bit of a demo.

If there is to be a surprise announcement, I think it will be an update of the apple TV to make it a gaming platform, perhaps with iOS devices as a controller. The new console generation is focussing on making the console not just a gaming platform but also a media streaming/watching platform too. The advent of a new generation means the reset button is being pushed on that market, and the announcement of the SteamBox brings with it a new competitor. Turning an iPod Touch and Apple TV into a gaming experience along the lines of a Wii U is definitely something that could fly. All that really needs is an Apple TV app store, and some appropriate software to link an iOS device to it as a controller.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
If they release Haswell rMBP running Mavericks, might buy it.

Not sure if they'll release new Thunderbolt Displays. If they do, I'd say making them thinner to match the iMacs would make sense. I doubt they'd up the resolution. They just updated the iMacs w/o higher resolutions. They use similar if not the same displays, right? Why up the resolution on the TB display & not the iMac?

A very simple answer - the high end is headed to 4k quickly. The new MacPro graphics capability will drive......

Last edited by a moderator:

cburton

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
Credit card locked and loaded. rMBP for me and MP for the Mrs! Hopefully they'll be for sale soon after the event and we won't need to wait a month.

Piggie

macrumors G3
Feb 23, 2010
Just so that everyone here actually comprehends something..............

Apple read forums such as these.................

If there was anything "great" expected than Apple were not going to be able to deliver, and knew there was going to be a sigh of disappointment at launch day.

Apple would now be leaking stories like crazy to kill any such expectation.

You can assume that anything GREAT that's expected will be delivered.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
I just want a massive iWorks update that is the same across icloud and ios. It is stupidly limited in ability qnd still not a replacement for Office.

armhol

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Apple's radically redesigned professional desktop should get a through introduction next Tuesday.

A through introduction, I hope they spent plenty of time on it and make it thorough!

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Trivia: How many Chinese workers does it take to meet international demand for the iPad Mini Retina?

itsjosephmartin

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
I can't wait.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

akm3

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2007
The New Mac Pro: Give us a RELEASE DATE, a list of AVAILABLE CONFIGURATIONS, and the PRICE for those configurations.

Then I will be a happy camper.

I highly doubt you'll end up a happy camper !!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.