Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Because I thought they went through a split and was curious what led to that decision and if google would be in the same boat right now....

Jesus.....not everything involving the two companies is contentious. They are both huge tech companies. They both make great products I happen to use. I'm curious about investments, stocks and how each handles such high stock prices.

----------

Perhaps - I really don't know. I want to know the answers to all of your questions as well! haha

----------

I really don't see that.....there's a huge difference between a massive conglomerate holding company and very recognizable brand. This is the reason I brought up Apple - I thought they split a little while back. Comparing Google to Apple is much more apt than comparing to BRK-A.....

A $500 stock price would still attract serious investors.....but it also attracts many who feel attached to that particular company. Like it or not these tech companies have a hold on our emotions. Many people want to invest money as well as their purchasing power and emotions.

I'd venture to guess most average joes have no idea what BRK-A is or could even name ONE of the brands under Buffet's wing.

Can't believe he even said why bring it up, but thanks for doing so because I thought similarly, and never really did understand that concept too. It was just a discussion based on the topic, doesn't matter why apple is being brought into it, it has relevance. Some people are so determined to annoy others for no reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.