Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FancyPantsMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
Hey,

So I own a Macbook, but for along time I've been wanting to switch that out and only own an iPad. This would make it WAY easier to carry around, and WAYYYY easier for college.

The only two things that are holding me back are:

1) I own an iPod mini. I can't sync music to the iPad even if it's jailbroken.

2) I use a small Wacom Tablet to animate in Macromedia Flash 8 (or Flash CS5, close to same thing.) There aren't any iPad apps that give the full capability of animating or Flash 8 on the iPad, or the option to export ".swf"s, even if jailbroken.

I've thought about hackintoshing a small Windows 8 Tablet (such as the Acer Iconia W3 or W4 that is to be released) which is probably my best chance to be able to keep an iPod and Flash 8/CS5.

I could technically just get the windows tablet without hackintoshing it and have my solution, but I wouldn't ever give up using Mac OSX of iOS software.

Does anyone have any recommendations or ideas, even theories to how I could solve this, or should I just stick to my mac? Thanks!

FancyPantsMan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2012
If you want lighter, get a MacBook Air. Go in to the storre and see if the 11" is good for you or if you need the 13".

Yes, I've also thought about that, but if I had a tablet, I could have a touch screen, and eliminate the use of the Wacom tablet, and plus I wouldn't need a keyboard when I'd be away.

So if I were to go out for a day, instead of bringing the Macbook Air, a Wacom tablet (that has a pen, not to mention), and the keyboard that goes with the computer, I'd just be bringing one light and small tablet (Which I could animate, and write notes on). Do you see my point?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.