Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romain202122

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
Hello, i received my iMac (late 2013) and everything is fine since few days but today i was working on a video during few hours (after effect), i took a break of 10 min, the video in pause on the screen, when i came back, i left after effect and the picture was like incrusted in the screen, doesn't matter where i was, on the desktop or in the finder, safari, i even restarted the mac but still there, and after 10 min, it disappeared, i try again to let a video in pause on after effect and i let it 10 min, i left after effect and the same problem, but it still disappear after, is it a real problem and i have to return it or it is normal?
Thank you for your help

ps: my config is 27", i7 3,5 ghz, GTX780m, 3To fusion Drive, 32go ram.

Romain202122

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2013
I fund something from apple about it
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5455?viewlocale=en_US

They say that it's normal. Should I let it like this or return it ?

intz2nu

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2012
When Apple has hiccups in things they will always say its normal. I believe you are referring to image retention. Also image retention can be a common amoungst some monitors, though if its a high end monitor the image retention should not hold for a very long time and should go away within 2 or 3 minutes. However Apple's image retention problems seem to hold much longer which is not a good thing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.