Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Nope. Apple gives you a 30 day full return policy on all iphones, no matter where you got it. They will give you a new phone. Easier to deal with them as best buy may gives you a run around.

eh, no... you have the warranty w/ apple and they can give you a replacement, you can't return a phone to apple that you bought from somewhere else and expect your money back from apple.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
I feel nuts. Am I wrong for thinking that the touch id should be flawless? The nick is like the size of the tiniest of pieces of dirt. But still right?

scottish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2011
Guess
I feel nuts. Am I wrong for thinking that the touch id should be flawless? The nick is like the size of the tiniest of pieces of dirt. But still right?

No way. Had my phone not been going back due to an unrelated issue I would probably be thinking the same as you with the white spec.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013

No, you're not wrong. You have the right to demand a product free of defects from workmanship.

It's Apple's responsibility to meet that standard. Their devices and manufacturing processes are designed with that in mind. If a design is too difficult to get right at acceptable yields, they have to redesign it.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
K thanks for the piece of mind. My friend thinks I'm nuts. But I have OCD when it comes to things like this. I will be calling them tomorrow for a replacement :)

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
As minor as this is, it would probably bug me as well.

I originally got a space gray 5S, but a week later exchanged it for silver. I hated getting rid of that phone, because the color was gorgeous, but I wanted white again (my 4S was white). It really hides not only fingerprints, but small imperfections and scratches, especially around the edges. I guess I'm just not used to having a black phone, I would literally wipe the screen every 30 minutes with a cloth to clear the fingerprints, and the fingerprints on the home button, horrible. I had to get rid of it.

But yea, it sucks going into a store and trying to replace your phone when you have a small imperfection, because inside you feel like everyone thinks your crazy, but you have every right to want something perfect when you just got it.

Jason1978

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
So I called Best Buy and they said they will take a look at the phone but only on Tuesday because that's when the Mobile Manager is in. The assistant manager also wasnt happy that the employee didnt take the phone out before giving it to me to inspect it. So I think that works in my favour. I didnt mean to get anyone in trouble :/

EIther way they apparently have to order me a new one once they take a look at the phone. I hope this isnt a long process. I dont think I can live with the scratch though. It's an imperfection that takes away from the "newness" of the phone :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.