Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Talarspeed

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Will iOS7 solve the unaddressed problem of the ever expanding "Other" category? Many solutions, but not all work.

msz7

macrumors member
May 27, 2013
Will iOS7 solve the unaddressed problem of the ever expanding "Other" category? Many solutions, but not all work.

If you're referring to the storage used up on your iPhone that iTunes displays, yes, the "Other" category has been split up. Now you'll see most of your "Other" is actually "Documents and Data" (something like that) and "Other" is much smaller

street.cory

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2009
I rarely delete my messages. I had gone over a year without deleting any messages. All of the attachments I had received are what attributed to the size of the "Other" category.

Talarspeed

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 12, 2009
Is anyone still getting the ever expanding "Other" category in i-Devices with iOS7?

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
I was going to say 'does it matter' rhetorically but instead I will ask 'why does it matter'? Just wondering.

Not me, but I personally know people who have 3-4 GB of Other/Documents & Data on their 16 GB iPhone. To me, that's a big problem.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Not me, but I personally know people who have 3-4 GB of Other/Documents & Data on their 16 GB iPhone. To me, that's a big problem.

Depends whether they genuinely have that much in there or not though.

Missjenna

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Washington
Try this.

The other day my other category had jumped up to 2.5gb on my 8gb iphone 4. I did a hard reboot (Power + home), and it was back down to about 600mb.

Worth a try?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.