Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wlow3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
When I got the iPhone 5s and transferred my 4s backup to it, it seems I have lost many of my notification alerts (like from AP Mobile and Dark Sky). I have not systematically verified it, but it seems that the only alerts I still get are from new applications (like Omnifocus 2) or from Apple applications that were updated in iOS 7 (like Mail).

The old notifications are still *on* in the System Settings of Notifications, and I even tried to delete the AP Mobile app, restart the iPhone 5s, then download it again from the iTunes Store, but it didn't work - I still don't get notifications from them on my iPhone 5s. I know that I am missing them because they still show up on my iPad (which is still my old iPad 3 but has been updated to iOS 7).

Any suggestions?

Lancetx

macrumors 68000
Aug 11, 2003
When I got the iPhone 5s and transferred my 4s backup to it, it seems I have lost many of my notification alerts (like from AP Mobile and Dark Sky). I have not systematically verified it, but it seems that the only alerts I still get are from new applications (like Omnifocus 2) or from Apple applications that were updated in iOS 7 (like Mail).

The old notifications are still *on* in the System Settings of Notifications, and I even tried to delete the AP Mobile app, restart the iPhone 5s, then download it again from the iTunes Store, but it didn't work - I still don't get notifications from them on my iPhone 5s. I know that I am missing them because they still show up on my iPad (which is still my old iPad 3 but has been updated to iOS 7).

Any suggestions?

I had some notification alerts "lost" on mine when I upgraded from a 4s to a 5s myself. How I resolved it was to first go and open/launch the app on the 5s, then go into the notification settings and toggle the alerts off and then immediately right back on again. They're all working properly for me now. Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.