Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
Does anyone know if there will be a new generation of ipods that will be coming out this year? Perhaps at the October ipad event?

skylarbrenden

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2013
Does anyone know if there will be a new generation of ipods that will be coming out this year? Perhaps at the October ipad event?

I highly doubt there will be a new iPod touch, but there's still a possibility. If there is, I think that it will gain Touch ID and the ability to take slow motion videos like on the iPhone 5S. That would be cool. Would probably boost the iPod sales again. Maybe also come in 128GB.

The only other thing related to iPods that I would expect would be the discontinuation of the iPod classic, or a remade model.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
Rather unlikely. Apple quietly updated iPod colors when they announced the new iPhones in September. If Apple were going to be doing iPod updates that soon they wouldn't have bothered with the color change.

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
As soon as nano shrinks again to the small square with clip, I'm on it!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The Nano will get an overhauled UI to match iOS 7 and better iTunes 11 compatibility, and then the Shuffle will get bumped up too. So will the classic, but no UI changes.

They won't release any new iPods.

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
The demand is relatively low. If they were going to refresh them they would've done it by now.

crzdcolombian

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2010
As soon as nano shrinks again to the small square with clip, I'm on it!

I just bought the 7th generation one for $60 bucks on craigslist :). I am happy with it. Sold my 3rd gen 2004 classic for $40 bucks last week :D

I love craigslist

pear21

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan
Ipod nano's are awesome, I love the thin design, I can put it into my pocket and never even notice it. Also can't forget about the FM tuner that it has, that for some reason the iPhone does not have.

Yotsuba

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
If Apple were to do something as simple as lower the price on the iPod Classic, I'd look into getting one. I've been wanting to replace my iPod mini, but nothing seems to be able to match the quality of it. The Zune came close for me, but the Zune software was such a pain to use that it made me not want to put more content on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.