Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
So can't figure out why s few of my folders have duplicate and triplicate images in them when using Home Sharing to view them on my display. Example: a folder on my iMac has 59 images in it but the folder on my ATV3 shows 122. Only a few folders are doing this but not sure how to get rid of the duplicates in the ATV3 folder. Also, my photo stories on the iMac are all numbered, either 01-02 etc. or 001-002 etc. yet a few on the ATV3 are out of order while others are not. Am I missing something? I've tried restarting both the ATV3 and my computer but that changes nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

photoj2754

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Akron
So haven't got any replies but still can't figure out why this is happening or how to correct it. Did some research and tried throwing away the Apple TV cache, tried removing the folder from the folder it was in on my iMac and re-naming, then putting it back in the folder with all my other folders that I view via home sharing but still showing 59 pics in the original but 122 in that same folder when viewed on ATV3. Tried numerous restarts on both iMac and ATV3 but nothing changes. Anyone experiencing anything similar to this? I may just stop in a genius store and ask someone there. Thanks for the help.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I can't really help with your fundamental issue but I might have a band aid.

If you look at the pics in iCloud photo on the Apple TV. Select a photo. Then long press the center button on the remote you'll be given the option to delete.

You'll have to do this manually one at a time so it's a pita.

Sorry if I'm not understanding your problem though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.