Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Renzatic

Suspended
The drivers still seem to be a bit less 'optimized' for gaming, especially game specific bugs. At least such is the case with the workstation card on my laptop. I'm sure the gap has narrowed though and they are still great cards for all purposes. I'm speaking of nvidia. I've been away from ati for a few years.

They obviously won't get the game specific driver updates the Geforces/Radeons get, but I think all the GPUs across the line are kept together for the big point releases.

I think being the key phrase here. I've never used, nor ever seen anyone use a pro GPU for gaming before, so it's all rough guesswork on my part.

Cancelled
Apr 10, 2012
Only Apple could try and sell early 2011 gear (the iPad2) at late 2013 prices.....

There is not enough facepalm in the world for that.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Please, investors will love this as they know people will continue to buy apple products. The only reason the stock is down is because it was so inflated in pre-market.

IDK I think people are starting to figure out they can get just as much for quite a bit less price wise. Apple had a great advantage on tablets being the first to the market but things are changing I bet the kindle kills this year.(now down 10 points).

NachoGrande

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2010
I'd like to start a drinking game. Every time they say 'amazing' you drink a sip of beer. In 1.5 hours, you'll be face down..

T

The Toddfather

So whats new besides the smaller size of the iPad Air?

Nothing. The Tim Cook era is more about incrementalism than before. This was the first time I've watch an Apple event where I wasn't moved to buy anything. I've seen this before with Treo, they are losing their mojo.

msimpson

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
The End

And now to read about...

- how bad the new Apple products are
- why Apple is going out of business
- how Apple sucks without Steve Jobs
- Android already does that
- monochromatic dress shirts with untucked tails

mrhick01

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2008
Apple is becoming boring, and that's not a good thing. While the MacPro shows the most innovation, everything else is just more of the same with the usual expected upgrades. Apparently investors arent happy either with the stock dropping -$9.48 at the close of the keynote.

So? It is not like that stock is going to stay down forever.

People will buy the products and buy them in bunches because they work well and they do what the buyers purchase them to do. Developers make money selling apps.

McMack

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2010
England
A good showing from Apple today, best I can remember in a long long while.

Waiting for Mavericks to pop up in the App store now. Lol I bet the makers of that icon-making app that appears when you search for Mavericks are loving this!

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
IDK I think people are starting to figure out they can get just as much for quite a bit less price wise. Apple had a great advantage on tablets being the first to the market but things are changing I bet the kindle kills this year.(now down 10 points).

If that were true, Apple would never be able to sell macs. People pay the premium for a reason. Macs really aren't "more" than their PC counterparts in terms of hardware. You pay the price for the software and services. Same with iPad/iPhone.

Renzatic

Suspended
You know, I'm thinking about going with the Mini this generation. It's got the same specs and resolution as the bigger iPad, so I'm not really losing anything cept maybe a little bit of battery life.

Also, why the hell is the iPad 2 still around? And at the same price as the retina Mini? That's just dumb.

Suspended
Sep 25, 2010
I'm 99% sure that Apple is gonna release new iPads within the next 6 months to include Touch ID. That would give the current models a lifespan comparable to the 3rd generation iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.