Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As part of its promise to release twenty updated apps today, Apple has released updated and completely redesigned Podcasts, iTunes Movie Trailers, and Find My iPhone apps.

The three apps have all been updated for iOS 7, with the Podcasts app in particular seeing several new features, including an updated Top Charts section, a new Search tab, and auto-updating so the app will automatically download new episodes even when it isn't open.

newapps.jpg
All three apps are free downloads from the App Store for the iPhone and iPad.

Podcasts - [App Store]
iTunes Movie Trailers [App Store]
Find My iPhone - [App Store]

Article Link: Apple Releases Updated Trailers, Podcasts and Find My iPhone iOS Apps

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
The Find My iPhone update looks an awful lot better.

Also thought I'd say, got this as a notification on my MBA.
LOVING that feature already.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
wow, the ios 7 theme is now complete.
except the remote & keynote remote app icon

Tmelon

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2011
Apple either needs to update some of it's apps or just get rid of them. The iTunes remote app still has the iOS 5 music interface and the Keynote remote app doesn't even have support for the 4" iPhone 5 screen.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
What about Keynote Remote? That hasn't been updated in ages! It hasn't even been updated for the iPhone 5's screen :eek:

Synthetic

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2005
Somewhere in Iowa
They said their will be 20 updated apps and I don't think we're even half way there guys. So if your favorite Apple app isn't updates yet their's a good chance it will be in the next week.

singhjeet29

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Definitely glad about the podcasts update.

Still don't understand why the Apple Trailers app is not available in Canada.

Apoc330i

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
They said their will be 20 updated apps and I don't think we're even half way there guys. So if your favorite Apple app isn't updates yet their's a good chance it will be in the next week.

Aren't there only 16 apps made by apple? What are the other 4?

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
No iBooks app update? That's one of the worst looking apps on iOS 7.

It really is, and I use it daily. Cannot wait until they update that one, hopefully with bookmarks that sync across iCloud to the Mac iBooks.

5t3f4n

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2011
Aren't there only 16 apps made by apple? What are the other 4?

I can think of 19, not counting discontinued apps like Cards, Texas Hold'em, 12 Days of Christmas, the bumper promotion app etc.
Not sure about the WWDC app either... It's still available, but it probably won't see an update before next WWDC.

Pages
Numbers
Keynote
iPhoto
iMovie
GarageBand
AirPort Utility
Apple Store
Keynote Remote
Remote
Find My Friends
Find My iPhone
iAd Gallery
iTunes Connect Mobile
Trailers
iBooks
iTunes U
Podcasts
WWDC

Are there any more?

Edit: iAd seems to be pulled as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.