Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mybass94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2010
Illinois
I am tying to download mavericks but when i click on the "Free upgrade" and then "install app" a loading wheal in the upper left hand corner of the app store window will spin for a second and then stop. And thats it! Nothing is downloading. I even checked activity monitor and the internet activity is idle. is anyone else having this problem? does anyone know how to get this working?

My specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06ghz core 2 duo (late 2009) running mac os x 10.7.5 build 11G63

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
May have to wait several hours. Servers need to settle down. I was quick enough to get it going on one of my iMac's and after that no luck on others. I will just have to wait as well.

Doobz

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
Good to know i'm not the only one who's having problems! I'll keep trying, but I guess the servers are swamped right now.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Downloaded in less than 30 minutes for me, started at 5:01 PM EDT.

Doobz

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2009
I am tying to download mavericks but when i click on the "Free upgrade" and then "install app" a loading wheal in the upper left hand corner of the app store window will spin for a second and then stop. And thats it! Nothing is downloading. I even checked activity monitor and the internet activity is idle. is anyone else having this problem? does anyone know how to get this working?

My specs: iMac 21.5" 3.06ghz core 2 duo (late 2009) running mac os x 10.7.5 build 11G63

So I think I figured out what is going on. I was having the same issue where whenever I clicked the download and saw the loading wheel on the upper left hand corner for a couple seconds and then nothing. I looked at my launchpad app and saw a download bar that wasn't loading anything. If you open up launchpad, you should find a Mavericks icon show up, and underneath it, you'll see "Paused." Just click it, and hopefully it'll start downloading.

Hope that helped! That's what worked for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.