Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdilley14

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 8, 2007
Mesa, AZ
I thought yesterday was a pretty nice day to be an Apple fan. At least it was for me. :)

1. FREE Mavericks update. Did not see the FREE part coming!
2. iOS update with several bug fixes. Most notably I really like the new screen transitions compared to the first release. Much easier on the eyes.
3. Updated Podcast app FINALLY.
4. Fantastic new lineup of iPads. Now to decide between the Air and the Mini now that the Mini finally has a Retina display.
5. A new, slimmer, and CHEAPER 13" Retina MacBook Pro. I may seriously be considering selling my MBA so I can purchase one of these.

Several other announcements that didn't really pertain to me. All in all though, personally I was pretty happy with yesterday's announcements.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
I thought yesterday was a pretty nice day to be an Apple fan. At least it was for me. :)

1. FREE Mavericks update. Did not see the FREE part coming!
2. iOS update with several bug fixes. Most notably I really like the new screen transitions compared to the first release. Much easier on the eyes.
3. Updated Podcast app FINALLY.
4. Fantastic new lineup of iPads. Now to decide between the Air and the Mini now that the Mini finally has a Retina display.
5. A new, slimmer, and CHEAPER 13" Retina MacBook Pro. I may seriously be considering selling my MBA so I can purchase one of these.

Several other announcements that didn't really pertain to me. All in all though, personally I was pretty happy with yesterday's announcements.

FREEEEEEE STUFFFFF :) I was so happy about the free stuff :)

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Totally agree on all points. I was ecstatic when they said mavericks would be free... Not that 20 bucks is so much money but still just the concept of getting a whole operating system free is pretty cool.

I was deadset on getting an iPad Mini, but now I am going to have to play with the iPad air before I make a decision. I might change my mind and go with the air.... even though I love the portability of the Mini... we'll see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.