Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gooser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2013
i am considering buying a 2009 macbook that has 10.8 on it. the seller can't find the original software discs. i would need to run 10.6 on it. the machine originally came with 10.5. is this a big deal or difficult to downgrade? is it as simple as getting a 10.6 disc, erasing the disc and installing 10.6? i have an ilife disc that i can use to install other stuff when all is said and done.

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
i am considering buying a 2009 macbook that has 10.8 on it. the seller can't find the original software discs. i would need to run 10.6 on it. the machine originally came with 10.5. is this a big deal or difficult to downgrade? is it as simple as getting a 10.6 disc, erasing the disc and installing 10.6? i have an ilife disc that i can use to install other stuff when all is said and done.

I wanna know it too... as a workaround, I think you can install a Snow Leopard virtual machine into it through VirtualBox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.