Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
So on the product site for the Haswell rMBP's, there are a number of gorgeous wallpapers. I remember Mountain Lion had a bunch of wallpapers hidden in a Frameworks/ScreenSaver folder, including that canyon image from the original 13" rMBP...but that folder doesn't exist in Mavericks.

Anyone have any idea where to find these?:confused:

http://www.apple.com/macbook-pro/

slrandall

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
The folder's been moved to /Library/Screen Savers/Default Collections. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it has the images you're looking for.

dreamsINdigital

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Yea, I was wrong on that. How do we know those wallpapers are not just for advertisement purposes?

They might be. I remember the zebra wallpaper they used in the press shot for the original retina MacBook was eventually included I think when Mountain Lion came out. Maybe they'll officially include them after awhile, but I thought they would have came with Mavericks.

Mac.User

macrumors 6502
Aug 25, 2013
Those aren't wallpapers. Those are images/videos being edited on the machines in the image for examples.

Actually the one with the mac part closed I have see on MANY wallpaper sites. At least one very similar to it.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
They have to be located somewhere. Check out the Buy Now page for the new rMBP's. This page used to show the canyon wallpaper for the 13" rMBP and the zebra wallpaper for the 15". Both of those could be found in that screen saver folder buried within Frameworks.

http://store.apple.com/us/buy-mac/macbook-pro

Just because it is being used in advertising does not mean the same photos are hidden in the new software. So, no, they don't have to be located in Mavericks.

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
Does anyone have any familiarity with that Frameworks folder to figure out where else to look? I get worried playing around in there and would rather have a direct location to go to.

hashier

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
/Library/Desktop Pictures/

found with a simple search for large images:

find /Library -size +2M -a -name "*.jpg" 2>/dev/null

Some images are like 10MB

So here's the nice part:

I want all the pictures in one folder and then delete the ones I don't like, since I don't want to copy all the images and waste space on my drive I just make a link to all pictures and just delete the links I don't like. Then set this folder with a lot of links (87) in your settings and voila :)

Script to generate all the links easily:

$ mkdir folder
$ cd folder
$ find /Library/Desktop\ Pictures /Library/Screen\ Savers/Default\ Collections \( -name "*.jpg" -or -name "*.png" \) -and \! -path "*.thumbnails*" -and \! -path "*Solid Colors*" -exec ln -s "{}" . \;

Last edited:

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    888.9 KB · Views: 354

PatriotInvasion

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 18, 2010
Boston, MA
Thanks but those aren't what I'm looking for. Read my original post. I was referring to the backgrounds on Apple's new MBP product pages.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Thanks but those aren't what I'm looking for. Read my original post. I was referring to the backgrounds on Apple's new MBP product pages.

Those wallpapers are not included in the OS. You'll have to get them from other sources on the internet.

As others have mentioned, just because they use them in ad images, doesn't mean they include them with the OS.

And if you're referring to the first two photos, you can clearly see those are images they are using as examples of photo editing on Mac, not stock wallpapers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.