Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SRLMJ23

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
Central New York
This is straight from an email that Apple Care sent me:

Thank you for contacting iTunes Store Support. My name is Kim and I will be attending to your email to ensure that your issue is properly addressed.

I understand that you cannot find the iLife and iWork Applications in your purchased section and you were not able to accept the iLife application after you installed the OS X Mavericks.

It appears that you have not accepted the software using your Apple ID. To install updates for the preinstalled software, you will need to sign in to the Mac App Store with your Apple ID and then accept the purchases:

1) Open the App Store application.

2) Click on the Store menu.

3) If you are not signed in to the App Store with your Apple ID, you will see a "Sign In…" option.

4) Click on the Purchased tab.

5) You should see a message "You Have 3 Apps to Accept". Click "Accept" next to the iLife apps (iPhoto/iMovie/Garageband).

If after trying the above steps, you are still unable to update your software, please reply to this email with the following information:

- The serial number of your computer.
- The exact text of any error messages you see.

I did not get any message about accepting new purchases so I just simply searched in my "Purchased" section for the individual applications in iWork and iLife and boom, they showed up and I never bought any of them previously...so try that if the above does not work exactly.

Hope this helps people!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.