Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WilliamTM

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Stafford, UK
Image Capture in Snow Leopard defaults to saving to the Pictures folder, but I want to change it to the Desktop instead. If I simply change it in the app, close it, and open it again, it reverts back to the Pictures folder.

Any ideas? :(

Corrosive vinyl

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2006
that is odd, mine defaulted to desktop. Are you using grab or the shift>command>4 keyboard shortcut?
I use the keyboard shortcut.

WilliamTM

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
Stafford, UK
I mean Image Capture.app - the utility to download photos off the iPhone / digital cameras. Not screenshots. ;)

oculus42

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2002
Maine
I do not think you can set it, but I'm on 10.5 right now (have 10.6 at home). Image Capture is very simplistic, and what are you thinking putting pictures on the desktop?!?!?!?!?! :p

enero@serpico50

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2005
Same issue here

I dont know if Im missing something or if this is a bug. In leopard and all past systems, Image Capture was able to remember specific folders that were associated with individual devices. Now it cant remember anything and wont even show me recently visited folders in the drop down. Nor will it open the folder it was importing to, when finished :(

xmiinc

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2005
NYC
Anybody ever find a solution for this? I still remember when IC would remember folder and format prefs. Since SL, nothin.

I dont know if Im missing something or if this is a bug. In leopard and all past systems, Image Capture was able to remember specific folders that were associated with individual devices. Now it cant remember anything and wont even show me recently visited folders in the drop down. Nor will it open the folder it was importing to, when finished :(

xmiinc

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2005
NYC
Solved

Got it...use Preview instead. Same controls as Image Capture but needing one more step after launch: File>Import From Scanner...

The major difference is Preview remembers previous scanner settings, while Image Capture doesn't. Yay!

Anybody ever find a solution for this? I still remember when IC would remember folder and format prefs. Since SL, nothin.

jamesarm97

macrumors 65816
Sep 29, 2006
Same here. Image Capture use to remember the folder setting I used (network folder) with Mountain Lion. Now with Mavericks it is back to defaulting to Pictures.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.