Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

appletv.jpg
Apple released version 6.0.1 of the Apple TV software today, a minor bug fix release capping a week of new product updates.

The last Apple TV update occurred back in September following the public release of iOS 7 for the iPhone and iPad. That release added support for iTunes Radio, AirPlay from iCloud and new podcast functionality.

On Tuesday, Apple added a new iMovie Theater channel to the Apple TV. The new channel is designed to work in conjunction with a new feature in the Mac and iOS versions of iMovie that allows users to share clips and videos seamlessly between their Apple devices.

According to Apple's Apple TV software update page with, version 6.0.1 includes "general performance and stability improvements. The update is available through the Apple TV's over-the-air update mechanism via Settings / General / Software Update.

Article Link: Apple TV Software Updated to Version 6.0.1

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
anyone have the issue where any streaming video goes out of sync? has plagued my apple tv for 6 months with no fix.

Tankmaze

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2012
On Tuesday, Apple added a new iMovie Theater channel to the Apple TV. The new channel is designed to work in conjunction with a new feature in the Mac and iOS versions of iMovie that allows users to share clips and videos seamlessly between their Apple devices.

I didn't know about this. cool stuff!

CellJeffe

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2013
Hopefully, they fixed the skip forward and skip backward remote control buttons. They went from 30s & 10s in the old software to about 5 min of skip each in version 6.0.0.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
So long as it's not white; can't imagine using that at night.

Apple made a dark, iOS 7 interface for the updated Trailers app. It looks nice. I wish Apple would make two skins for iOS 8: One dark and one light. Have the skins installed by default to match the color of each phone with the option to switch. iOS 7 is pretty bright, especially on larger screens like the iPad. I much prefer darker UIs.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011
Best update ever

I don't know what it does, but it's just awesome!

/s

Last edited:

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
surprising that a .0.1 update is front page news.

Apple TV minor update
No release notes, nothing interesting anyways
No references found in software yet
This is the last of the updates and we're burned out for the week

Yours truly,
MacRumors

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.