Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
I don't quite understand how the free apps are listed as paid apps on my 5S.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 149

badman89

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
I'm not sure where you got the idea that these apps were supposed to be free; you definitely have to pay for them (as does anybody else).

EDIT: I stand corrected. Please refer to the post below.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I'm not sure where you got the idea that these apps were supposed to be free; you definitely have to pay for them (as does anybody else).

Apparently you missed a lot..

These apps are all free for devices purchased after September 1, which would of course include the iPhone 5s

OP, you closing out of the App Store and logging back in, restarting your phone, and if neither works contact apple store support.

salimdao

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2007
Anaheim, CA
try searching for them. when I got my 5S a month ago, they had a price on them. when i searched for them in the store, they showed up as free.

redlinux

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2013
@OP

Trying backing up your 5S and then do a Restore. I eventually got those free apps after restoring my 5S to factory defaults. As soon as I download the said apps, I then restored my backup and everything went smooth.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
close completely the app, swipe it off and then reopen… if it still failing, go to settings log out of your app store id and log in again in the app store then go and download them.

netslacker

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
Do you use more than one iTunes account on your phone? If so, the apps were probably added to the other account.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
No... none of that...

You have to go to the app store, then to the "Featured" page, and look for them across the top. They just added a couple of links and I'm sitting here downloading Garage Band while I type this. I already had all the others.

Enjoy.

:)

bhags8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2012
I have a quick question. I got these free apps on my phone. Does that mean I can get them on my MacBook too? Or are those two separate app stores?

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
I have a quick question. I got these free apps on my phone. Does that mean I can get them on my MacBook too? Or are those two separate app stores?

Same stores. You can get them on your MacBook, too. :)

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA

Same stores. You can get them on your MacBook, too. :)

Not true at all. Mac App Store and iOS App Store are two different stores.

The iOS version of these apps is different from the Mac version of these apps. Buying one does not grant you access to the other.

If you buy a brand new Mac now, these apps will be free. If you have a 5s, but an older Mac, you will get these apps free on your iPhone, but cannot get them free for your Mac.

predation

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2013
hmm thats odd..

for me i tried downloading the free templerun from the apple store app and nothing happens.

bunnicula

macrumors 68040
Jul 23, 2008
Not true at all. Mac App Store and iOS App Store are two different stores.

The iOS version of these apps is different from the Mac version of these apps. Buying one does not grant you access to the other.

If you buy a brand new Mac now, these apps will be free. If you have a 5s, but an older Mac, you will get these apps free on your iPhone, but cannot get them free for your Mac.

Hmmm. Why do some of my apps show up downloaded when I go to the app store via my MBP then?

I already have the apps in question (older versions). Perhaps this is why? Now I am perplexed. Must go look later

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.