Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bitmin1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013
Was reading comments about Apple pulling Pixar movies from iTunes in the Cloud, and the solution is to download them and move them to a USB drive, either attached to your Mac/PC or connected to your Airport Time Capsule.

tonyr6

macrumors 68000
Oct 13, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Long live optical physical media. I have most of the Pixar movies on BluRay and I own them FOREVER. I never have to worry about them not being there tomorrow.

Donar

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
Germany
Long live optical physical media. I have most of the Pixar movies on BluRay and I own them FOREVER. I never have to worry about them not being there tomorrow.
...but only if you have a backup of them, as the discs can break. :p

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Was reading comments about Apple pulling Pixar movies from iTunes in the Cloud, and the solution is to download them and move them to a USB drive, either attached to your Mac/PC or connected to your Airport Time Capsule.

I always keep a copy and don't rely on the cloud. This really isn't an issue since Disney said they were going to allow Apple to continue to host these films in the cloud for people who have purchased them.

I don't know if I would use the word forever in conjunction with kids movies. Most kids will destroy physical media pretty quickly if they happen to get ahold of the disk.

Note - Kids are pretty quick learners and figure out quickly how to take a disk out of the player.

Bitmin1991

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2013

Yeah, I only buy optical media for movies that truly use HD the right way. (Pixar, James Cameron's Avatar, Fifth Element, etc) The major purchases I do on iTunes are TV shows such as Pawn Stars.

DP812

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Japan
I always keep a copy and don't rely on the cloud. This really isn't an issue since Disney said they were going to allow Apple to continue to host these films in the cloud for people who have purchased them.

I always keep a copy as well. I don't trust the cloud one damn bit. This whole debacle is proof of why DRM is a terrible freaking idea. If Apple had done this with movies that I had bought and downloaded, it would push me to pirating movies instead of buying them legally.

I don't know if I would use the word forever in conjunction with kids movies. Most kids will destroy physical media pretty quickly if they happen to get ahold of the disk.

My decision to not have kids is looking better and better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.