Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

azajohns

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2006
Don't get too excited

I really think Apple should have called this what it was... a 'pre-order'. Still waiting for my gold iphone here in Australia, our largest telco still doesn't have any stock, hasn't since launch.

wildmannz

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2005
Ordered - using it now!

I finally got mine last night - a bit after midnight from Vodafone. One of the lucky ones to pick up extra allocated stock without a plan.
Stoked. ;)
I wandered in shortly after a mate ordered 4 online at Vodafone - they won't arrive til Saturday. (interesting page design... http://www.vodafone.co.nz/iphone5s/ )
It was also hilarious to watch a guy that I know get his Gold 32GB iPhone. He was slightly drunk and ECSTATIC to get the Gold!

leepalisoc

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
"They ran out of the gold iPhone?! UGHHHHHHH!!"

Now the 3rd world can have 1st world problems. :D

And they'll use the hashtag, #firstworldproblems

Lol!

----------

Still waiting for my gold to be shipped. It says it'll ship by today up to 28 and delivers by Nov. 6.

vpro

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2012
cripes

goodness me, i thought they were shutting down the store to afford enough hands to feed hungry people. my bad. they just wanna sell stuff. i see.

mvreisjr

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Lisbon, Portugal
The 2-3 weeks situation for the iPhone 5s was a bummer.

In Portugal, only one store (that I know of) opened its doors (Optimus, in the business center of Lisbon). Mostly VIPs receiving free 16GB iPhones (yes, that happens). They didn't had the 32GB in stock. So, basically I just met there a few friends, had some cake, some red champagne (BTW, there wasn't any golden iPhone available - shocker), and a whole lotta fun. Came home, Apple Store Online, bought the one that I wanted, at the same price the carriers are selling, and unlocked.

Now, the wait game. Do you know if they use the 2-3 weeks to the extreme? Sometimes sooner? Sometimes later? Time will tell.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
Ordered on line Apple store a space grey 64g & a gold 64g. Two to three weeks delivery in New Zealand. What I have found over the last couple of years Apple always supplies earlier.

----------

I never made a purchase through Apple online store before. If would by it now, can I cancel order later? Just in case if I will find it somewhere sooner.

Yes you can cancel your order up until Apple notifies you they have charged your credit card, delivery is 2-3 days after.

cycomiko

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
It was down for ages in NZ. The media were saying itwas aailable from midnight NZtime, but the store was down from before 9.30am til i left for lunch at 11.30

Got back at 1.30 and it was up, ordered 64gb gold 5s 2-3weeks.

Beezy253

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2013
Tacoma, WA
Crappy part of all this is my girlfriend is STILL waiting for her US launch 32gb gold 5S that was ordered 3-4 days after the US launch!

Ugh...

:confused:

Yeah, and scheduling the First wave launch a week before a Week Long National Chinese Holiday wasn't very smart.

My Cousin who ordered on the 20th JUST got a shipping notification yesterday. so 33 days to ship a phone.

Apple is just barely getting orders from the 20th out, but they feel the need to keep taking orders/expanding to more markets. IMO, bad business practice.

Ballis

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2008
Oslo, Norway
Sorry to all you outlanders, but my wife couldn't find a 32 Gig black 5S in any of the five apple stores in the Twin Cities Metro and had to order online with a 3 week lead-time.

Apple needs to fulfill it's current orders before it opens up sales to the rest of the free world.

Pretty redonkulous!

Steve

Congrats. Youre both arrogant and ignorant.

xofruitcake

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah, and scheduling the First wave launch a week before a Week Long National Chinese Holiday wasn't very smart.

My Cousin who ordered on the 20th JUST got a shipping notification yesterday. so 33 days to ship a phone.

Apple is just barely getting orders from the 20th out, but they feel the need to keep taking orders/expanding to more markets. IMO, bad business practice.

heh heh, do you know how long ago Apple and the telecom in each country has to plan this launch events? Just think of Verizon and AT&T here in US has to recall all the available workers, cancel all vacation etc. This kind of launch is planned at least 5-6 months in advance with each telecom ordered the number and combination (color, storage) of each phone they need. And the phone that go to Sweden won't run in US and vice versa.

----------

Still cheaper than China where people make a quarter of the US and have to pay $300+ more. :(

yes, yell at China government for charging 17% tax on top of everything sold in China.. do you know that country in other part of the world charge VAT or other tax much like we charge sales tax?

fredl

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2008
I can only speak for the Swedish online apple store but it came back at 01.01 or so (local time, CET+1). All colors and sizes were as far I could see at "2-3 weeks). Completed my order 01.06 and got the delivery estimation of: 13 Nov, 2013 - 19 Nov, 2013.

A bit peeved to be honest. The carriers had launch day availability in stores and online but I want to pay "cash" and get a sim-free phone so I will have to wait...

bernhard

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2004
Vienna, Austria
I can only speak for the Swedish online apple store but it came back at 01.01 or so (local time, CET+1). All colors and sizes were as far I could see at "2-3 weeks). Completed my order 01.06 and got the delivery estimation of: 13 Nov, 2013 - 19 Nov, 2013.

A bit peeved to be honest. The carriers had launch day availability in stores and online but I want to pay "cash" and get a sim-free phone so I will have to wait...

same for Austria, with the exception that 2-3 weeks means 12th-18th here :)

Latt

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2013
I had set my alarmclock to 11:55pm last night, and was ready to place an order from my carriers homepage. They had technical difficulties so I went back to bed, and tried again at 6:30am. Went straight in and ordered a 32GB white, with a 1-5 days shipping. Happy! :)

arturmeireles

macrumors member
Dec 1, 2009
Portugal
Its ridículos that the second wave of countries already started selling the iphone witha 2 to 3 weeks delivery time. Because of that I didnt buy it!!! Shame on you apple!!! Although the carriers are selling in physical store now here in Portugal but I dono want to buy it locked to a carrier.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
11AM now in New Zealand time, store is still offline.

Imagine Amazon would go offline every time they add a new product to their database... Either Apple's online shop really sucks or they simply don't grow tired of that little theatrical effect.

Zendokan

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2011
Belgium
Up and running in Belgium!

iPhone 5s: €699,01 - €799,01 - €899,01 -> 2 à 3 weeks for delivery
iPhone 5c: €599,01 - €699,01 -> 1 à 3 workdays for delivery

I'll order my space grey 64G 5s in the beginning of next year (I can bring it into my new business as a cost by then).

HannKett

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2012
Europe
If it does, you're lucky. Because no European store says that.

I just checked the confirmation mail and it says:

Delivery 14 Nov, 2013 - 20 Nov, 2013 :eek:

This is the norwegian store.

edit:

I must have looked at the 5c delivery dates as they are delivered within a couple of days.

j0han

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2010
Sweden
I just checked the confirmation mail and it says:

Delivery 14 Nov, 2013 - 20 Nov, 2013 :eek:

This is the norwegian store.

edit:

I must have looked at the 5c delivery dates as they are delivered within a couple of days.

Order'd 01.01 (Swedish time) = 00.01 UK time.

5S 32GB Gold.

13 Nov, 2013 - 19 Nov, 2013

Want it nooow!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.