Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Disclaimer: Might not be EVERY phone, but it is effecting a lot of them.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5382218?start=0&tstart=0

This describes perfectly what I am seeing. The screen is not a retina display by any stretch of the imagination. I see a screen door effect on anything I view, and its even worse on video. Taking the phone to a store only results in them denying there is an issue. My iPhone 5 screen was like looking at a magazine... flawless. This thing? This looks like a terrible pentile matrix LCD screen you'd see on an out dated android phone.

Is there anything I can do about this??? Honestly makes me want to just sell the phone on eBay and look for something else.

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
Take some screen shots of the phone when you see that behavior displayed. Take that proof back to the Apple store along with your iPhone.

Complaining to us accomplishes nothing productive for you.

OrlandoTragic

macrumors 68000
May 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
I'm experiencing the same thing - specifically the "screen door" effect, which perfectly describes it.

Not really something you'd expect after spending hundreds of dollars on a device.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Take some screen shots of the phone when you see that behavior displayed. Take that proof back to the Apple store along with your iPhone.

Complaining to us accomplishes nothing productive for you.

I did, they said "I dont see anything"...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.