Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elpendanep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2013
Can anyone help me. I installed Kaspersky virus software and it has wiped out all my databases making my computer unusable. I have an iMac OSX. Kaspersky are just not interested at all. When I bought this computer 2 years ago I asked why there was no install disk and was just told everything was pre installed already. I think I may need to take my machine back to factory settings to try and get my databases back but it says I need to insert the install disk that I do not have. Can anyone advise please what I can do. I am at my wits end..................... thankyou

eladnova

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2012
Hi elpendanep

Scary stuff. I use Kaspersky myself on a MBP.

When you say "it has wiped out all my databases", do you mean your actual OSX filesystem, users, settings etc. IE What are you seeing on your Mac at the moment when you boot it up?

I know this is no help to you now but do either of the following in future (or both)

1. Get an external Hard Drive and use Time Machine to backup your system
2. Buy an external HDD and an enclosure and use Carob Copy Cloner to create a bootable mirror of your mac

I think you'll get more helpful answers when the US members are on the forusm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.