Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Popular delivery notification tracker Delivery Status touch has received a significant update and redesign for iOS 7, adding new features such as background notifications for tracking info, iCloud sync capabilities, barcode scanning and AirDrop support. Other features such as calendar support, 1Password integration, additional sorting options and archiving have also been included in the latest update to the app.

deliverystatustouch_ios7.jpg
Delivery Status helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they're going to arrive. The main view shows the latest status of all your packages, and counts down to the estimated delivery date. Tap a delivery for more information, and to see where it is on a map. If you like you can view the shipping company's web page, or easily share your shipment over email, text message, or AirDrop. On iOS 7, Delivery Status can even update in the background, or add your estimated delivery dates to your calendar.
First launched in 2008, Delivery Status touch has grown to support over 30 services, including both domestic and international post offices, package delivery companies, and websites. Delivery Status touch is a $4.99 app for iOS devices, and can be downloaded through the App Store. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Delivery Status Touch Updated for iOS 7 with Background Notifications, iCloud Support

mrxak

macrumors 68000
Delivery Status Touch costs money now? Maybe I bought it ages ago and just forgot, but I thought it was a free app.

Anyway, a first-page app for me, and I use it often. The new update is great with the background notifications and calendar events. Most of the other stuff I don't really care about, but the iCloud sync will probably get me to finally start syncing.

I don't currently have any packages headed my way, but I look forward to seeing how it all works out.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Really nice upgrade. With the amount of online shopping I do, this app is definitely worth the cost. Been using it for quite a while.

tfigs

macrumors regular
Dec 20, 2012
Great tracking tool

I have been using the widget for years and it is fantastic. I have been looking at the app but $4.99 I think is overpriced for the amount of shipping I get done. Waiting for a sale on this one.

Britney Spears

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2013
Was super excited to see this when I opened the app earlier.

One of my favorite apps, well worth the $5. Loving the new look and features. :)

akatsuki

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
I use it, but it could be so much better if it would copy a page from Slice and link with your email account to scan for packages (a la Slice).

Or, alternatively, if I could set up a gmail forward rule (which I can't since I can't confirm the forward)

richard4339

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Illinois
I've been using the widget since before iOS existed, and bought the iOS app the day it came out. This is an awesome app, whose ugprades just made it loads better!

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
I prefer Parcel. :/

They have a Mac app too.

The interface is not as pretty and it cost $2 a year for push and +3 tracking.

--------

I always use the delivery status widget on my Mac. In my phone I have another app called Posted. Is definitely not as good as Delivery status, but got it for free for its full version and can't/don't want to pay $5 to get something that is better, but not by that much especially since iTunes has started charging me tax. If the app was 1.99 on sale I would buy it though.

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
Is anyone in the UK using this? Some reviews say it doesn't even support Royal Mail Recorded/special deliver etc? :confused:

Last edited:

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Never knew this existed. I've been using the individual native Fed Ex, USPS, UPS apps to track. Is this worth using eliminating those apps?

I've been using it before the iPhone existed, and it's been good. To get iOS notifications before iOS 7 though, you needed Mac running their dashboard widget to fetch and then send the notification. This update means that is no longer needed. Looks like they might need to tweak the refresh timing a little, but it is working in my case.

The big advantage here is that it will track based on an Apple or Amazon order number. So I can just grab them when I place the order, and not worry about which carrier they use. I don't have to wait for shipment to actually happen, which is an extra step when using the carrier apps. Plus it is all your shipping in one spot.

Is anyone in the UK suing this? Some reviews say it doesn't even support Royal Mail Recorded/special deliver etc? :confused:

Might be worth asking the author. He's pretty responsive to questions/requests on this front.

nuckinfutz

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2002
Middle Earth
Never knew this existed. I've been using the individual native Fed Ex, USPS, UPS apps to track. Is this worth using eliminating those apps?

This is what got me to buy Delivery Status two years ago. I was tired of carrying 4 apps on my iPhone. DS to the rescue and my life has been simple.

I feel a bit guilty about not paying June Cloud in years. I'd pay for a Mac app instead of a Widet. That way I can use iCloud syncing which I've found is more transparent than the Junecloud syncing.

Edit:

Twitter shows they are planning a Mac version after they get Notefile updated.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Is anyone in the UK using this? Some reviews say it doesn't even support Royal Mail Recorded/special deliver etc? :confused:

Doesn't seem particularly good for the UK. Supports FedEx most countries - except the UK, supports TNT International - except the UK, supports DHL - except UK Domestic Express. You get the picture?

On the plus side - it supports Yodel. Good luck with that one. Only worth having if it can predict which of your neighbours gardens, dustbins etc Yodel will dump your parcel in.

pcfarrar

macrumors regular
Nov 23, 2010

Working fine for me, actually its quite good with Royal Mail as it gives the full tracking and you can see the different mail centres you package has gone through etc. Far more comprehensive that what you see on the standard Royal Mail site.

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
I have been using the widget for years and it is fantastic. I have been looking at the app but $4.99 I think is overpriced for the amount of shipping I get done. Waiting for a sale on this one.

Many, MANY of us disagree with you about it being overpriced. I think it's actually underpriced. I've donated some $ to the developers because of the amount of use I get out of the app coupled with the free widget. Great update, for sure. I'd happily pay another $5 for it, too. Different perspective, I guess!

----------

Yes, yes. Unquestionably yes. I was in your boat. Never again.

Lancer09

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2013
This honestly has to be my favorite and most used app. I've been using it since it was released and it just keeps getting better. The Mac app is also great. I'd pay $7.99 for it.

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Great app and a great developer. He updates the Delivery Status Widget all the time, to the point where it's almost annoying (not really his fault, there needs to be a better way to update widgets...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.