Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dorsey

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2012
Not really a Mac related issue but given you guys have been so helpful I thought i'd float the question anyway.

So, i'm a sole accounting practitioner, with everything currently being run from a mobile. This is great for my client base of micro firms who enjoy the personal contact such as sms etc.

However, with one eye on future expansion, i'd like to make things a little more efficient and perhaps get rid of the mobile number itself without losing the many benefits it holds.

What i'm ideally looking for is something that:

• can be controlled from a desktop(s) and then routed to an iPhone out of office hours - ideally without call divert costs
  • can make calls from the mobile out of office hrs but have the office number show up instead of the mobile number
  • send and receive sms
  • make and receive video calls

I'd settled on Skype as I thought it completely fitted the bill and then some. It can be run across multiple desktops, you can download an app for the iPhone so calls come straight through when not in the office, you can make calls via the iPhone Skype app using the Skype number instead of the mobile number, you can make/receive video calls and you can send sms - BUT NOT RECEIVE! Gutted....

Any ideas out there? I'm at a loss for ideas.

smithrh

macrumors 68030
Feb 28, 2009
Besides the video calls, Ring Central does what you describe.

I have it here for my company here in the US, looks like it's available in the UK as well.

Very configurable, intuitive, not expensive either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.