Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Hi all,

I was hoping somebody here would have an answer to my question. I recently upgraded to an iPhone 5S from a Samsung Galaxy S3 (and an iPhone 4 prior) and I'm trying to set up Message Notification via Bluetooth on my NAV equipped 2011 Ford Fusion.

I have My Ford Touch Gen 1 firmware 3.2.2 (latest for Gen 1) and try as I might I just can't get SYNC to read my texts like I was able to with my S3.

I've read conflicting reports of users having success and utter failure with this and I'm hoping for a definitive answer.

I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing, ensuring MAP is turned on in SYNC, and looked high and low for the "Message Notification" option in the SYNC settings in my Bluetooth devices list.

Every search I've done has brought up vague reports with iOS 6 and iPhone 5 at the latest. Nothing about iOS 7 and the 5S/5c.

I'm at a complete loss and growing more frustrated with each passing day. While I don't respond to texts via SYNC, I do like receiving the notifications and having them read back to me as I drive.

Any help or insight on the matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.