Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

athank242

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
hello,

i've a macbook late 2007 running ML (with the early first guides ''running ML on unsupported macs'' only changes in boot,efi,platform plist files etc)

in every update i made everything is ok (again i must change these files...repair permissions boot)

same for the 10.8.5 version
10.8.4 -download the combo update 10.8.5- change the files and boot normally install kext files,repair permissions but without sound!!!

I've tried a lot of different AppleHDA.kext files for the sound and nothing, resetting, erasing com.apple.audio.DeviceSettings.plist, BezelServices.plist searching to find out if there is any core audio file corrupted..

....again Install Combo update 10.8.5 but nothing!!!

trying to clean the headphones hole...

There is no sound !!!!

In Audio Preferences , default Input Output Built In devices there is nothing!!!
(only boom device from an app)

I also try a linux distr. ... sound there is fine ... .so i don't think it's a hardware problem!!!!

can anyone help with that???
thnx for any opinion :)

athank242

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
thnx for the answer :)
i think so for a new update

i'm just worried because in Audio preferences there is nothing!!!
(default Built In Input/Output)

it's not that i can see my speakers to microphone (built in) and there is no sound..... there is nothing to see.... it's like there is no sound card
only in system profile u can see Intel High Definition Audio...

hope with an update everything will be ok

athank242

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
hi to everyone,

after the new update from apple still the problem exists...

i maybe accidentally delete or destroy the audio drivers /kext... for the sound card

my mac does not recognize the sound card...there is no input or output device no internal speakers.... (in system preferences and in audio midi setup)

anyone knows how to reinstall audio in a macbook late 2007??
(the AppleHDA.kext is not working from Wayne's,i've installed ML on unsupported mac but in other updates the sound icon was black and i had to install this kext to work but now the icon is grey so it's not a prob with this kext, it's like there is no sound card).

in linux dist or i Lion(in a usb HD) sound works great so there is any hardware problem....

i want to avoid making a clean install from start...

thnx in advance :)

cguyot

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2013
Same problem... Any suggestion?

In a Macbook Air 2008, nothing to select in the Audio (Preference) panel. And no sound at all...

athank242

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
..hi there,

i'd like to ask if someone knows what files are needed for sound in ML.
not only .kext,

files needed for the system to recognize the default sound card,microphone,internal speakers.

i think i deleted these files and my system can't see that there's a sound card.

is there any chance to find from ''Install OS X Mountain Lion.app'' what package contains anything with sound?? (preferences,etc) and reinstall only this again??

thnx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.