Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Is there a Flex tweak that adds the time to the app switcher (like Multitask Time, which crashes on 5.0.1)?

No. Flex can only patch existing code, like retuning a false value when by default it returns true. Or if something returns an integer value, like fake currency in a vide game, sometimes you can set that integer to anything you like. Flex cannot add anything to existing code. Only change the return values so to speak. I hope that makes sense. It would make more sense if you could play with it and see what I'm trying to explain. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
No. Flex can only patch existing code, like retuning a false value when by default it returns true. Or if something returns an interference value, like fake currency in a vide game, sometimes you can set that integer to anything you like. Flex cannot add anything to existing code. Only change the return values so to speak. I hope that makes sense. It would make more sense if you could play with it and see what I'm trying to explain. I hope this helps.
Got it. Thanks for the explanation.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
did the 'disable large clock on lockscreen' in springboard patches, but it also disables the music controls on LS as well.

anyone know how to just disable the lockscreen clock?

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Cool, is it possible to save a list of installed flex tweaks anywhere in case the unthinkable happens and need to restore when ios7 jb comes out..

Yes. You need to navigate to a certain folder and copy a file to your computer. I can't remember the exact steps or the file name but I saw this in the Flex SubReddit. If you look in there you can find it. I'll try to find it if you can't and post it here.

Mdkcheatz

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2013
the Milky Way galaxy
I LOVE Flex. Most of the pre-existing tweaks worked fine on iOS 5.1.1

The only thing I noticed about if that frustrated me a little bit (beside the constant failure to connect to the tweak cloud that magically works every now and then) is that I couldn't at first get Flex to register the SpringBoard executable for tweak producing.

I read online that many people had an issue with this. I kept on getting the message to respring to get it to work and it never did. So what I did was I found an app that I never planned on using and renamed the folder name_of_app.appp that way I could copy the SpringBoard.app there. I renamed that folder to the original name of the app that was there. And made sure to update that info.plist with the original Bundle Identifier as well (com.something.whatever).

I respring and noticed that there was no icon anymore for that app. So I used Flex on that app instead of SpringBoard and sure enough it worked! The device had to respring on its own but it succeeded. I then found the dat file of the tweak data and renamed it to SpringBoard.dat and what do you know? It recognized it for springboard tweak data.

mattd4

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2014
Cylay with flex2

I been trying to figure out how to use flex 2 to remove the cylay entry in the location services menu on 7.1.1. Or any other method to edit that menu. Any help would be appreciated

Kickablur

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2014
Can someone help me tweak in flex2?

I really want to tweak the bardowl app so it enables free subscription. I'm trying on flex2 but I'm no hacker and my skills are failing. If someone could assist I'd be greatful

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I'm sad, seems the iAd patches don't work anymore. I hate iAds, anyone know of any that do work now?

Scratch that "iAdblocker v2.0 - Optimized for iOS 7.1.2" in the Settings category works.

Last edited:

ttuguy09

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2012
Is there a Flex TWC App that let's me watch TV or On-Demand things away from my home network?

I tried those patches currently available and either I am not doing it right or it's not working as I can't access anything.

brianbunge

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2011
Kennesaw, GA
I have a Flex 2.0 and have downloaded a few tweaks so far. Does anyone happen to have a tweak that rotates the music app into landscape mode? I've already disabled coverflow, now I just want to be able to use the music app in landscape mode on my iP6+.

benrd

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
I have a Flex 2.0 and have downloaded a few tweaks so far. Does anyone happen to have a tweak that rotates the music app into landscape mode? I've already disabled coverflow, now I just want to be able to use the music app in landscape mode on my iP6+.

I purchased flex 2 for this and couldnt find a working tweak or work out how to make my own...
In fact I have tried several tweaks from the cloud just to test it and not a single one works yet I see people rave about the app so I must be doing something wrong !!

Bheleu

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
I purchased flex 2 for this and couldnt find a working tweak or work out how to make my own...
In fact I have tried several tweaks from the cloud just to test it and not a single one works yet I see people rave about the app so I must be doing something wrong !!

Works for me, user error likely. Click cloud (bottom middle), the app in your list - tells you available tweaks, click upper right install, then says you need to enable it. Click lower left button to select installed tweaks. Click checkmark to enable.

If you close Flex completely - out of background, you will need to reopen on another session to have tweaks running again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.