Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evaL123

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2013
Lost Access to Bookmarks

This is in response to a question I asked, but after 2 hours of search have found the solution, so here it is.

The problem was, people who have lots of bookmarks cannot see them all in the sidebar; I thought I was locked out of my own bookmarks. But I've learned how to see them again.
This also solves the problem that on new sidebar you can't see lots and lots of bookmarks at one time.

>However, I did lose some bookmarks because they were in a folder that seems to have disappeared. I forget its name but it was between the Favorites bar folder and Bookmarks Menu. Does anybody know if that folder is still accessible? Fortunately the majority of my bookmarks happened to be somewhere else.

Anyway the solution is: under 'bookmarks' at the top, select 'edit bookmarks' and voila you have something not as nice but pretty much like the old bookmarks page. to get back to the web select 'hide bookmark editor.' To put a bookmark into a sidebar folder, click the little sidebar/book icon in the corner and they will be side by side.

Much relief.

Last edited:

monolithic

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
Apple has always maintained Safari for previous versions of OS X... Safari 6.1 is the first version to not support OS X 10.7 Lion. (Plus, they have been regularly releasing security updates of Safari 5 for OS X 10.6.)

Not all Macs can run Mavericks.

Lion received the update too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.