Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AdamC93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
I'm doing some research in to iAd to decide whether or not to keep it in an upcoming update. I didn't ever really put any effort in to marketing with the current version of the app so I don't really have any idea of what to expect per x amount of impressions and taps.

I'll introduce the app later in time when it's in the store and also to keep the thread relative to iAds.

If people could provide real life data and their thoughts on iAd I wild really appreciate it!

By the way I know that there are several threads on this type of thing but there are so many different numbers of impressions and tap through for developers I think it will only help having another thread on this subject.

Thanks in advance!

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
I believe the revenue varies widely depending on the category of users you have. Personally, I find all ads (even iAds) to be ugly and detracting from the overall UX, so I just don't use them in my apps. If you want to use my apps, you have to pay me, plain and simple.

AdamC93

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
What if the app makes use of third party data where charging for the app isn't morally or legally allowed? Or user generated data like Facebook or Twitter? Although I do agree the type of adds in the examples are very different from a banner attached to the bottom of the screen...

I agree ads aren't attractive but Apple does a great job with them, especially after they've been tapped on.

Maybe it's worth me looking in to a paid ad-free app and a free alternative which does include them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.