Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

linkin-ns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
hi guys,

I just bought a 2nd Mac Pro 2009 with Xeon 2.66, 8GB RAM and I use my XFX 6870 from PC because it the machine does not come with any graphic card.

I connect it with 2 monitor, one is Dell U2711 and Shimian 27" with both 2560x1440.

However sometimes my Dell screen with just went black for a second and back on again, I just not sure what wrong with that. There is no problem with the other monitor.

Just wondering that the graphic card could not drive 2 monitors because it not really compatible with Mac or what reason?

should I find a 2nd 5870 ?

Thanks

Last edited:

DanielCoffey

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2010
Edinburgh, UK
Can you confirm which Mac Pro model you are using as your post title doesn't match what you are talking about. You will see the information you need on the About My Mac - More Info page.

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
... I use my XFX 6870 from PC because it the machine does not come with any graphic card.
However sometimes my Dell screen with just went black for a second and back on again, I just not sure what wrong with that. There is no problem with the other monitor.

I got that on my 2408 when I used a display port to DVI adapter then I finally broke down and bought a display port cable and have not had a problem since. If you are using similar try that.

linkin-ns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2011
is there such a different about performance between a flashed 6870 and non-flashed 6870??

or just only about the information show on System profile and Boot Screen

MacUser2525

Suspended
Mar 17, 2007
Canada
is there such a different about performance between a flashed 6870 and non-flashed 6870??

or just only about the information show on System profile and Boot Screen

Link speed is slower on a PC card but that has nothing to do with flashing rather a resistor that needs to be changed/added to get full link speed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.