Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
I noticed that my Wifi no longer displays any networks on my 4s since upgrading to IOS7 and tether (which uses wifi) no longer works too.

I have seen articles on this on the net saying IOS7 may overheat and fry your wifi chip if you have a 4s.

Anyone come across this?

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Last edited:

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Phew did a hard reset and that fixed it.

Still weird how there are quite a few articles on IOS7 frying the 4s wifi chip yet no threads on here about it.

Just google "ios7 4s wifi" and there are tons of articles

eg
Multiple users are reporting that the update has actually permanently 'fried' the iPhone 4S's chip - meaning that they'll never be able to use WiFi or Bluetooth again.http://www.3g.co.uk/PR/Oct2013/iphone-4s-wifi-overheating-with-ios-7.html

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Weird that this is an issue. I've had iOS 7 since beta 1 and never had wifi issues at all. Also, I think it is the same article just reposted on various sites. I am not sure it means there is a widespread issue.

whitedragon101

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
Weird that this is an issue. I've had iOS 7 since beta 1 and never had wifi issues at all. Also, I think it is the same article just reposted on various sites. I am not sure it means there is a widespread issue.

that could explain it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.