Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mxcmead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I am trying to have itunes point at a NAS instead of a local drive. Ontop of that I'm trying to make sure any updates that are made like buying music and such are updated on the NAS and not locally on the Mac. Can someone please explain the process that needs to be taken in order to achieve this. Thank you for your time

mxcmead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
My real question is will the NAS update as songs are added via itunes. Meaning if I purchase a song via iphone, will itunes always update to the mounted NAS?

mxcmead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Bump. Also is it possible to setup the NAS with multiple itunes libraries while having them update from their respective computers. And access them separately throughout the network. Thanks

Since OS-6

macrumors newbie
My real question is will the NAS update as songs are added via itunes. Meaning if I purchase a song via iphone, will itunes always update to the mounted NAS?

I have my iTunes library on a Netgear Duo NAS. ( assuming everything is on, and itunes running ) if I buy, say, an app on my iPhone, it will be downloaded automatically into iTunes on my Mac.
Hope this helps.

mxcmead

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
Thank you, now we are in the right track. The song downloads to your itunes, but can the physical file be found on the NAS?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.