Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ictiosapiens

macrumors regular
May 9, 2006
I've encountered the keyboard freeze a couple of times on my 2008 alu macbook since installing mavericks. There were also a couple of memory leaks when running mail and settings. It hasn't happened for a day, but I'm pretty confident these are OSX bugs, and it's not directly related to the new machines...

zOlid

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2013
Should have included that a lot of people have issues with yellow screens, and yellow fields on their new rMBP.
I'm one of them...... Getting it replaced tho

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Curious about this as well, image retention class action was probably nullified since apple would replace them if the image retention was proven to apple "geniuses"

Took mine to Genius Bar, they ran the checkerboard pattern test and of course it's much harder to see with all the bright lights and reflections of the Apple store. Looks horrible with the dark UI of Photoshop CC. Explained this to the guy and he swapped it. I'm a designer—can't be having this retention nonsense. Got my machine back just a few days later with what I can only describe as the most beautiful display I've ever seen.

jlluna

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2010
Holly Michigan
I have the 2011 mac book pro. When I first brought it home the trackpad would not work.I kept having to force restart. I took it back to the apple store, they gave me a new one. I few months later,same thing on the new machine. They fixed it for me and I have not had any more issues.

airdrop

Cancelled
Oct 1, 2011
Same

I had / have the same issue ... just after I upgraded to Mavericks ... on 2011 MBP 17 ... 9600M GT ...

Before, on ML I didn't experience such issues.

gspet01

macrumors newbie
Jun 13, 2011
Different model... same problem

My daughter has 13" MacBook, non-retina (with optical drive), purchased January 2013. Exact same problem- keyboard/trackpad freeze cured only by a hard reset.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Happening on my 2011 machine right after updating to mavericks. Same with coworkers. It's a mavericks bug, I'm positive.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Oct 23, 2010
I have not noticed these issues so far, though I use Boot Camp with Windows 7, not Windows 8/8.1.

markbrads

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2007
UK
Parallels Issues?

:( I too am having issues...

Constant crashing, lockups etc :mad:

I have the new Retina 13" MacBook Pro (top model) I am using Parallels 9 (latest version) and I am unable to get ie11 working in Parallels 404 errors etc. I know ie11 is full of bugs but it was working last week with my old MacBook Pro 13" which I am regretting chaining now :(

Are the issues related to the new MacBook Pro Retina ?

Anybody else ?

whcchief

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
I have had my 13" 2.4 8GB RAM 256SSD rMBP for the last 4 days and on the first day it froze but it's been plain sailing after that! No IR thus far and loving this screen!
Besides the freezing issue that seems to be effecting the late 2013 models this machine is a dream! I'm loving it!:D

Cheers Paul

Just curious, what do you use your 13" MBP for, mainly?

jefl

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2013
Software issue for sure

I own both a 13" MacBook (Late 2009), and a 13" MacBook Pro (Mid 2010) and have hang-ups (keyboard+trackpad do not respond, power button does) since installing Mountain Lion. It doesn't happen very frequently, and did not spot any pattern for it. I am 100% sure it is a software problem.

dol4n

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2012
These things never happened when Steve was CEO... just saying.

I think Tim is leading the corporation in the wrong direction when he approves all these unifinished products (iPad mini, iPad 3, MBPr 13", 5C and now this).

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
Does Apple not test there hardware/software anymore? It "just works" is going out the window. If I spend this much on a Mac, I better not ever have to bring in for fixing.

indymusic101

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Mavericks

I'm pretty sure its just Mavericks. I am having the same problem on an old 2012 Macbook Air with the trackpad freezing. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.