Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
My sister upgraded to ios7 and I must say it has some rather attractive ringtones and alerts.

Is there a zip file anywhere containing all of these?

I know previously the only way to install SMS alerts was to overwrite the default ones. Anyway to avoid that and install all of them IN ADDITION to the current ones?

Thank, and sorry if this has been discussed before.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My sister upgraded to ios7 and I must say it has some rather attractive ringtones and alerts.

I know previously the only way to install SMS alerts was to overwrite the default ones. Anyway to avoid that and install all of them IN ADDITION to the current ones?

I don't think adding tones to your phones overwrite the default ones
v8g8.jpg

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany
There are already 2 bundles in Cydia called iOS 7 Ringtones Pack and iOS 7 Alerts.
Adds to the existing ones, no overwriting.
Just install and enjoy!

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
There are already 2 bundles in Cydia called iOS 7 Ringtones Pack and iOS 7 Alerts.
Adds to the existing ones, no overwriting.
Just install and enjoy!

Just to clarify (since I just installed these) it isn't two separate packs. Just one that is listed as "iOS7 Ringtones". Unless you're getting them from a different repository. The one I found is from BigBoss.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Just to clarify (since I just installed these) it isn't two separate packs. Just one that is listed as "iOS7 Ringtones". Unless you're getting them from a different repository. The one I found is from BigBoss.

I have the BigBoss repo yet I'm still having trouble finding this package...

HenryLong

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2013
Germany

Found the 2 packages on the iphone-legende repo several days ago.
The package on BigBoss repo was just released today.

ntegra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
Sweet, got the ringtones. Now I just need to find the alerts.

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
Sweet, got the ringtones. Now I just need to find the alerts.

If you haven't found them yet, add the following to your list of sources in Cydia:

http://iphone-legende.myrepospace.com

Then search for "iOS 7" and the alerts package should be the first thing on the list that comes up. Install it and you will see them mixed in with your existing sounds (the new ones are all lowercase...I missed them at first glance).

ntegra

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2010
If you haven't found them yet, add the following to your list of sources in Cydia:

http://iphone-legende.myrepospace.com

Then search for "iOS 7" and the alerts package should be the first thing on the list that comes up. Install it and you will see them mixed in with your existing sounds (the new ones are all lowercase...I missed them at first glance).

Turns out the original package "iOS7 Ringtones" (exactly like that, no space on iOS7) had an update today to include alerts.

Ringtones are labeled [iOS 7] and alerts are labeled #iOS7.

Pretty awesome, thanks everyone.

P.s. how do you guys like the new sounds? It's ballsy of Apple to introduce new sounds but some of them are enjoyable, despite how quiet some of them are... (low tones, my ears don't pick them up as often, I've even missed a few calls/texts already!)

drummingcraig

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2007
"Armpit of the South"
Turns out the original package "iOS7 Ringtones" (exactly like that, no space on iOS7) had an update today to include alerts.

Ringtones are labeled [iOS 7] and alerts are labeled #iOS7.

Pretty awesome, thanks everyone.

P.s. how do you guys like the new sounds? It's ballsy of Apple to introduce new sounds but some of them are enjoyable, despite how quiet some of them are... (low tones, my ears don't pick them up as often, I've even missed a few calls/texts already!)

I like most of the new ones but I also have had the Blackberry rings/alerts on my iPhone for quite awhile and still mainly use those for texts, etc. I am experimenting with the iOS7 tones now.

arafys

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
Here you go...

http://axeetech.com/2013/09/12/down...alert-tones-now-for-your-iphone/#.Um-1Y9wW2fg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.