Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mab8806

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
Bought a Late 2013 MBP and want to do a clean install of Mavericks. First I am unable to download Mavericks from App Store, error message stating does not meet requirements. I do have a USB Drive of the installer, however when I attempt to boot from it I get an gray screen with an X. Any suggestions?

Attempted to contact Apple Care and they stated I couldn't install because the machine is already running Mavericks. I understand that but would like to install from scratch.

mkstewartesq@co

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2007
Bought a Late 2013 MBP and want to do a clean install of Mavericks. First I am unable to download Mavericks from App Store, error message stating does not meet requirements. I do have a USB Drive of the installer, however when I attempt to boot from it I get an gray screen with an X. Any suggestions?

Attempted to contact Apple Care and they stated I couldn't install because the machine is already running Mavericks. I understand that but would like to install from scratch.

Wouldn't a "restore" work? i.e., reboot, hold down "option" key at startup, and then choose the 'recovery" drive to reinstall Mavericks form the existing recovery drive? Isn't there a way to do that so the install is "clean" and you can elect "or not elect" to restore any "non-original" data from Time Machine, etc. as you please?

M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.