Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knockoutjosie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
I'm going to get one for school and what would be the best place? Should I wait for Black Friday?

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I wouldn't bother waiting. If they are only a few weeks old I doubt there will be a Black Friday price drop.

----------

As far as where to buy, I don't think it matters much. Go to the closest place with them in stock. No matter where you buy it, it will be covered under the Apple warranty and eligible for Apple Care.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
The issue with Black Friday is always availability.... You might save $50 - $75 on Black Friday, but is it worth hours of your time lining up in a store for that?
You don't have to line up. Last year, $50-80 discounts were offered on the iPad 4 during Black Friday on Apple's online store. Alas, the Mini which had supply issues didn't have any discounts.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Best place (not cheapest place) to me is the Apple Store. For those lucky enough to live close to one, it is candyland. I also really like their customer service.

I've read Best Buy has improved, but I've had so many negative experiences with them that I've stayed away for years. Only thing I've bought from them was a refurb Samsung LCD TV.

Online at Apple.com would be my second choice.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Best place (not cheapest place) to me is the Apple Store. For those lucky enough to live close to one, it is candyland. I also really like their customer service.

Lol, two nearby Apple stores within 600 feet of each other. I still expect both will be packed come Friday. :p

aypues

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2012
San Diego
If you need a cellular model then go right to one of the carriers' retail locations...they will have some to sell you

leenak

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2011
I bought my iPad 2 at Best buy, other items (iPhone, MBP) I bought online at Apple.com.

I plan to buy at Apple.com but if for some reason, it shows a 2 week wait, I'll head down to a Best Buy or the Verizon near Best Buy. I live close to multiple Apple stores but I am not willing to fight commuter traffic to get there on Friday morning.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
haven't seen anything about this...care to explain?

People have been buying things over the internet for years and not paying the sales tax, because the store selling it does not charge, cause they do not have a physical store in YOUR state.

Yes, there are laws you are supposed to report it to your state and pay the tax, but...PLEASE do not start that long discussion here.

For people that buy thousands of dollars of stuff a year, this is a big deal. Check earlier messages here or all over the internet.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
Paying taxes is everyone's civic duty. The government needs your money to give it to those who don't have any. Why would we look for ways to avoid giving the government more money? :rolleyes:

SARCASM ALERT!

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Paying taxes is everyone's civic duty. The government needs your money to give it to those who don't have any. Why would we look for ways to avoid giving the government more money? :rolleyes:

SARCASM ALERT!

Just about posted something about the first "Moral Authority" posting, but see it had a "Sarcasm Alert". Whew...

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
I'm gonna just order it now. Really I don't think apple is gonna give discount on the ipad Air. The ipad 4 is another story. They released it shortly after the ipad 3 with the same design so the discount was used to boost sales. For Ipad Air they don't need that.

bcjc78

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
Anyone have luck at Walmart previously??

I tried to buy the iPad 2 a few years back at my local Walmart with no luck. So I ordered an Ipad 3 via Apples site when they laucnhed. Anyone have any idea if it's worth the time stopping in on Friday or will they have 2 instock. I am looking for a 32gb wifi only model. I'll probably order at 3AM like with the 5s but I wouldn't mind saving $20 to soften the cost of the smart cover.

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
Easiest by far is order online with Apple, Best Buy, pick up in store, or have it shipped

Cheapest is Walmart, but may not be easy, or may be

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Anyone know if best but will price match? I see that wal mart may sell the air a little cheaper, but if I went into best but and mentioned that would they match it?

HoosBruce

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2013
Anyone know if best but will price match? I see that wal mart may sell the air a little cheaper, but if I went into best but and mentioned that would they match it?

any answers? I believe that they do, but just seeing if anyone has any experience with this

darabo

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2013
Since Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are the same company does anyone know the prices of the iPad Air when it's released in Sam's Club on Friday?

senseless

macrumors 68000
Apr 23, 2008
Pennsylvania, USA

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Since Wal-Mart and Sam's Club are the same company does anyone know the prices of the iPad Air when it's released in Sam's Club on Friday?

I'm still trying to find out if Walmart will have the 32GB wifi at a discounted price. Walmart says they don't have any info on the iPad yet smh

----------

Nothing on their site either just says coming soon?!?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.