Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
From what I can gather, supplies are extremely tight for the rMini. So much so that we can assume not available to the layman.

This means if you want a mini for xmas gift, then its the old Mini. But it will only be available in 16gb as seen on apple.com.

16gb is too small for a tablet, phone you can manage, but tablet, no way. Apple should have kept the same price point on the Mini, but made it 32gb.

Basically, if you want a larger than 16gb mini, you won't get it before the new year.

silverf1re

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
From what I can gather, supplies are extremely tight for the rMini. So much so that we can assume not available to the layman.

This means if you want a mini for xmas gift, then its the old Mini. But it will only be available in 16gb as seen on apple.com.

16gb is too small for a tablet, phone you can manage, but tablet, no way. Apple should have kept the same price point on the Mini, but made it 32gb.

Basically, if you want a larger than 16gb mini, you won't get it before the new year.

Finally! a reliable source on apples supply chains. You heard it here first folks!

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Finally! a reliable source on apples supply chains. You heard it here first folks!

Common bye, don't be a douche! Theres multiple sources that state supplies of the rMini will be extremely constrained. Didn't Tim say the same?

AttilaTheHun

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2010
USA

this is what I think
Apple want you to buy the ipad air not the mini,
they are warried that when you see the retina ipad mini you will not want the air the PPI of the mini is way higher then the air 326ppi compaier to 264

ignor misspaling

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Common bye, don't be a douche! Theres multiple sources that state supplies of the rMini will be extremely constrained. Didn't Tim say the same?

Double douche alert.

Supplies will be restrained, not gone.
Nobody said 32gb will not exist until after Christmas.

So glad the casual posters here know not only the supply, but the demand.

Stewart21

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
South Yorkshire

Apple are not selling them online but you can buy them at 32gb and 64gb elsewhere.

Last edited:

walmartmartyr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Double douche alert.

Supplies will be restrained, not gone.
Nobody said 32gb will not exist until after Christmas.

So glad the casual posters here know not only the supply, but the demand.

"double douche" haha, first time I heard that. can I use it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.