Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/jaybird-gear-bluebuds-x/4505-7877_7-35551482.html

I jumped on these headsets because I wanted and needed workout headphones. These are sweat resistant, super light weight and have excellent battery life 6:40 on average for me. However it has taken me four days to get a good fit, Even with a good tight fit, the buds still slip out during activity. Also they are not supper loud nor sound isolating. I don't have any other wireless buds to compare so my opinion is limited. That being said I do enjoy the size and all in all these are Perfect for me!
YMMV

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
http://reviews.cnet.com/headphones/jaybird-gear-bluebuds-x/4505-7877_7-35551482.html

I jumped on these headsets because I wanted and needed workout headphones. These are sweat resistant, super light weight and have excellent battery life 6:40 on average for me. However it has taken me four days to get a good fit, Even with a good tight fit, the buds still slip out during activity. Also they are not supper loud nor sound isolating. I don't have any other wireless buds to compare so my opinion is limited. That being said I do enjoy the size and all in all these are Perfect for me!
YMMV

I use these for my daily commute and they are awesome. The Apple Store staff convinced me to try them after I was looking at the B&W, Bose and B&O

By far the best of the pack. Very pleased.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX

YMMV

I have those as well and like them a lot. Like you mentioned, I couldn't get a good fit on them either and they would slip out when I got sweaty. However, I solved that problem by using some Comply Foam tips on them. Now the seal is tight, the bass is stronger, and they don't slip out.

bkd0255

macrumors member
Dec 22, 2012
Arizona
These headphones work great when they work. I sweat A LOT when I'm doing my cross fit workouts. I have had 3 pairs that have gone bad and I'm getting my 4th in next week. Their costumer service is great as i have gotten all replacements for free. If you sweat too much don't bother but other than that they are great.

boateng

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2012
These are exercise earphones are they not? They are not suited for just everyday use

zipur

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
The great state of Texas
These are exercise earphones are they not? They are not suited for just everyday use

Actually they are suited for any use. The "Exercise" just indicated that they won't die on you if they get sweet on them. I guess it also indicated that they are a bit more tuff than standard headsets. I wear them all the time everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.